Prayers for my daughter and myself

  • Thread starter Thread starter CinciMom
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CinciMom

Guest
It has been a LONG time since I have posted anything.

Please pray for my daughter, Liz. She is 15 1/2 and has turned away from God, The Church and is associating with friends with a lot of negative issues.

This situation has really depressed me and I feel like I have failed as a mother who has tried very hard to turn my daughter to God, who I promised when she was born at 26 weeks.

Please pray for me as I am really really weary from battling this demon that has overtaken my sweet girl for over 4 years.
 
I feel for you, please look after yourself, knowing you have also a share in the prayers of many of us who know how hurtful this suffering is, of having our children turn from God and involve themselves in ungodly situations and relationships. May God protect your daughter

As God did not allow St Monica’s prayers for her son to go in vain, although Monica had to wait some years until her son, whose company also was not spiritually beneficial, to turn to God. Her son, Saint Augustine, in the end submitted to Gods grace, as we pray your daughter will.
May God bless you and give you hope and peace, and the strength to trust He will, in time (hopefully but not certainly soon) will bring your daughter fully into the light of truth.

Hope from the Bible

“Stop your crying and wipe away your tears. All that you have done for your children will not go unrewarded; they will return from the enemy’s land. There is hope for your future; your children will come back home. I, the Lord, have spoken.” [Jeremiah 31:16-17]

“Relent, Lord God! How much longer do we have? Take pity on your servants. Let us wake in the morning filled with Your love, and sing and be happy all our days. Make our future as happy as our past was sad…Let your servants see what You can do for them, let their children see your glory. May the sweetness of the Lord be on us! Make all we do succeed.”
“All the works of the Lord are good, and He will supply every want in due time. You must not say, ’This is worse than that’, for everything will prove its value in its time. So now, sing with all your heart and voice, and bless the name of the Lord!” [Ecclesiasticus 39:33-35]
 
Praying for both of you.

But please don’t take this too much on yourself. There are many reasons why such things happen, and we cannot possibly understand them all. Think of Saint Augustine and his mother, and don’t beat yourself up over this. 🙂
 
I will pray for you and your daughter.

All you needed to say was I have a 15 yr old daughter! 🙂
I really feel for you. I have “been there” as well. It is SO hard not to take things personally, but ask God to help you with this. Stay close to Him and I would also recommend seeking professional help for your daughter if she is taking on the negative behaviour(s) of her friends. (Self harm, eating disorder, depression, suicidal thoughts; etc as my daughter did.)

It can be really hard to stay positive when you feel like you have done your part as a mom and everyone elses kids are thriving while yours is floundering.
I got to a point where I was so exhausted from policing her, running from here to there with professional help, loving her and caring about her so deeply when she valued herself so little.
It was REALLY then that I returned to our faith. I began attending Adoration weekly or more if I could; I still do. I would highly recommend this if you don’t already. It would be your time to find solace in the comfort of Christ.
You will feel refreshed at least for awhile! It reframed my thinking to. I was exhausted and then I would hear about someone who lost a child to suicide and think about how fortunate I was to have my daughter and how there was no place I would rather be than supporting her, loving her, and walking with her through this AND praising God allowed me. And that those parents would have given ANYTHING to be in my place!

Having a friend that you can vent to once in a while helps to. Many more people than you may know are going through or have gone through the same thing.

I will keep you in my prayers. Things will get better…eventually.👍 God be with you!🙂
 
†

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

†

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.

Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.

Amen.

†

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle,
be our defense against the wickedness and snares
of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray.
And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the
power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other
evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

†

St. Thérèse of Liseux Prayer From “Story of A Soul”

May today there be peace within.
May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith.
May you use those gifts that you have received,
and pass on the love that has been given to you.
May you be content knowing you are a child of God.
Let this presence settle into your bones,
and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise, and love.
It is there for each and every one of us.

Amen.

†

Lord, thank you that you are with me right now.
Your love surpasses all fear.
I give you the anxiety I feel.
I surrender all my worries to you.
Clear my mind;
Calm my heart;
Still my Spirit;
Relax my being, that, I may
always glorify you in everything
I write, speak and do.

Amen.

†

Jesus, Help Me

In every need let me come to Thee with humble trust, saying,
Jesus, help me!

In all my doubts, perplexities, and temptations,
Jesus, help me!

In hours of loneliness, weariness and trials,
Jesus, help me!

In the failure of my plans and hopes; in disappointments, troubles and sorrows,
Jesus, help me!

When my heart is cast down by failure, at seeing no good come from my efforts,
Jesus, help me!

When others fail me, and Thy grace alone can assist me,
Jesus, help me!

When I throw myself on Thy tender love as Father and Savior,
Jesus, help me!

When I feel impatient, and my cross irritates me,
Jesus, help me!

When sickness and loneliness overcome me,
Jesus, help me!

Always, in weakness, falls and shortcomings of every kind,
Jesus, help me and never forsake me.

Thank You, dear Lord Jesus.

Amen.

†

Sweet Heart of Jesus, be my love.
Sweet Heart of my Jesus, grant that I may always love You more.
Heart of Jesus, burning with love for us, set our hearts on fire with love of You.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make our hearts like Your Heart.

Amen.

†

Prayers said. All will be well. Do not fear, the Lord is protecting you.
Do not be lonely, your guardian angel is beside you.
Be comforted, Mother will watch over you, and the
Holy Spirit will guide you.

Amen.

†

Prayer Against Depression
………….By St Ignatius of Loyola


O Christ Jesus
When all is darkness
And we feel our weakness and helplessness,
Give us the sense of Your Presence,
Your Love and Your Strength.
Help us to have perfect trust
In Your protecting love
And strengthening power,
So that nothing may frighten or worry us,
For, living close to You,
We shall see Your Hand,
Your Purpose, Your Will through all things.

Amen.

†

Let Nothing Disturb You

Let nothing disturb you,
Let nothing frighten you,
All things are passing away:
God never changes.

Patience,
Obtains all things,
Whoever has God
Lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.

Santa Teresa de Jesús
(Santa Teresa de Ávila)

Amen.

†
**
My Jesus,
I believe that You are
present in the Most Holy Sacrament.
I love You above all things, and
I desire to receive You into my soul.
**Since I cannot at this moment receive
You sacramentally, come at least spiritually
into my heart. I embrace You
as if You were already there and
unite myself wholly to You.
Never permit me to be separated
from You.

Amen.

†

Piarist fathers have taught this short act of
Spiritual Communion, popularized by St. Josemaria Escriva:

I wish, Lord, to receive You with the purity, humility and
devotion with which Your most holy Mother received You, with the
spirit and fervour of the saints.

Amen.

†
**
Thank You dear Lord Jesus, always and
everywhere, for everything.

Amen.

† **

Jesus, I trust in You.

Amen.

❤️

†

:signofcross:

:blessyou:
 
Come Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of Thy faithful, and kindle in them the fire of Your love. Send forth Your Spirit, and they shall be created, and You shall renew the face of the earth. Amen.
 
PRAYER TO ST. MONICA
(For our children.)

Great St. Monica,
patroness of fathers and mothers,
please take our children,
especially those who have turned
from the ways of God and His Church,
under your protection.
Let them always remain faithful
to their baptismal vows.
Give them strength to walk always
in the ways of the Lord,
despite the temptations
and false values they find in the world today.
Grant that they may share with you
in the joys of eternal life in God.

Amen.
 
I pray for your DD, that she will “See the Light”
and leave her rebellious life. And for you that
you will have the patience of Job, who suffered
shame for what others thot was b/c of his sins,
but was vindicated in the end and rewarded fully
for his faith in God his Advocate. 1 Jn. 2:1

O Blood and Water that gushed forth from the
heart of Jesus as a fountain of mercy for us,
we trust in You.
Amen.
 
Praying the novena prayer of Our Lady of Mount Carmel for you and your daughter… +
O most beautiful Flower of Mount Carmel, Fruitful Vine, Splendor of Heaven, who brought forth the Son of God still remaining a Virgin, assist us in this necessity.
O Star of the Sea, help us, and show us that you are our Mother.

O Holy Mary, Mother of God, Queen of Heaven and earth, we humbly ask you from the depths of our heart to help us in this necessity. There are none who can withstand your power.
O show us that you are our Mother.

O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee. Sweet Mother, we place this cause in your hands. Amen.

Flos Carmeli
 
***Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death
Amen.

:crossrc:***
 
Praying for your daughter.

St Monica, pray for this young woman and help her.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.

Amen.
 
Gracious and merciful Father, please come to their assistance.

Our Father, who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory Be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end.
Amen.
 
Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

†

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

†

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

†

Dear Jesus,

I humbly implore you to grant your special graces to our family. May our home be the shrine of peace, purity, love, labor and faith. I beg you, dear Jesus, to protect and bless all of us, absent and present, living and dead.

O Mary,

Loving Mother of Jesus, and our Mother, pray to Jesus for our family, for all the families of the world, to guard the cradle of the newborn, the schools of the young and their vocations.

Blessed Saint Joseph,

holy guardian of Jesus and Mary, assist us by your prayers in all necessities of life. Ask of Jesus that special grace which he granted to you, to watch over our home at the pillow of the sick and the dying, so that with Mary and with you, Heaven may find our family unbroken in the sacred Heart of Jesus.

Amen.

†

Prayer to Our Lady of Mental Peace

O Lady of Mental Peace,
Mother of Tranquility
and Mother of Hope,
look upon CinciMom in this time
of weakness and unrest.

Teach her searching heart
to know that God’s Love
for her is unchanging and
unchangeable, and, that
true human love can only
begin and grow by touching
His Love.

Let your gentle Peace -
which this world cannot give
  • be always with her.
    And, help her to bring this
    same Peace into the lives
    of others.
Our Lady of Mental Peace,
  • Pray for us!
    Amen.
Jesus, Help Me!

In every need let me come to You with humble trust,
saying:
Jesus, help me!
In all my doubts, perplexities, and temptations:
Jesus, help me!
In hours of loneliness, weariness and trials:
Jesus, help me!
In the failure of my plans and hopes, in disappointments,
troubles and sorrows:
Jesus, help me!
When others fail me, and Your Grace alone can assist me:
Jesus, help me!
When I throw myself on Your tender Love as Savior:
Jesus, help me!
When my heart is cast down by failure, at seeing no good
come from my efforts:
Jesus, help me!
When I feel impatient, and my cross irritates me:
Jesus, help me!
When I am ill, and my head and hands cannot work and
I am lonely:
Jesus, help me!

Always, always, in spite of weakness, falls and short-
comings of every kind:
Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, help me and never forsake me!

Amen

†
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top