Prayers for the ability to do more to come closer to God

  • Thread starter Thread starter LotusCarsLtd
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LotusCarsLtd

Guest
I wanted to start attending Mass daily when I get back to school for the spring semester while also saying the Rosary daily and doing some small measure of spritual reading each day.

In the past I have been able to pray the Rosary almost every day, but I sometimes struggle to do so in a timely manner, sometimes pushing it to late in the evening when I am more tired and thus less able to pray properly. Sometimes I do other things when I should be praying instead.

In addition I also tried doing daily Mass, but this faltered quickly. This was because it required me to wake-up very early (which I am not good at) or to take rapid transit from my campus (which is 3 miles south of the downtown area where I live) to a church in the downtown area, a 15-30 minute commute one way.

So I pray for the following:
  1. For the ability to be able to continue saying the Rosary daily without failure (unless it is absolutely necessary to refrain) without pushing it until an inappropriate time in the evening
  2. The ability to attend Mass daily without failure and without blowing it off to do something of no importance
  3. The ability to keep-up a regular regimen of spiritual reading
Pax Tecum.
 
I ask Jesus to gently draw you close into His presence, and to give you the graces to respond to all that He offers you for your life and for others through you.
 
It’s hard to get into those habits - I’ll keep you in my prayers. It’s awesome that you’re trying hard to draw closer to Christ.
 
Will pray for you…God Bless you in your efforts to grow spiritually…
 
Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top