I was pondering this same question myself, since I do not know the Bible as well as I should, I googled a search “where in the Bible does it say we should pray to saints”? The results were an overwhelming NOWHERE, the Bible specifically directs us to pray only to God, or the Holy Trinity. If we pray to anyone else, it is considered idolotry, and is a sin. I was raised Catholic, so I know that the Catholics have a different idea, such as praying to Mary…but, the Catholic religion is run by MEN, not God. The Bible is written by God, not men…therefore, I put my trust in the Word of God, not the words of men. What brought this up for me was I had said a prayer to St Jude, which was answered. The ad said I must promise to publish if prayer was answered. It was, but something didn’t feel right about it. That’s when I googled the question about if praying to saints was in the Bible. Turns out not only does the Bible specifically say we are to pray to no one but the Holy Trinity, it also says specifically that we should not pray to the dead. Saints are the dead. It was then that I realized St Jude did not answer my prayer, GOD DID. God knew I was ignorant, and did not know that I was not supposed to be praying to saints. God heard my prayer, God knew my desperation, and out of His boundless love and compassion, God forgave my ignorance and answered my prayer.
More than once! Pray to the only Ones who have the power and authority over Satan and over illness to heal someone…God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. I pray that each and every person’s miracles and prayers are granted in the name of Jesus Christ Our Lord and Savior. Amen (Amen, translated means “it shall be so”) By the way, I am not telling anyone what THEY should believe, and I am not criticizing. I am simply saying that the Bible is the “instruction manual and answer guide” that God gave us in this life. No matter what anyone else tells us, we should always go to the Bible for the definitive answer, and we should only trust the Bible, because it is the word of God. What we hear from others is simply the word of man, and can not be trusted.
That was MY mistake, I trusted another human being telling me that if I prayed to St Jude, my prayers would be answered. Lucky for me, even though I was sinning, God had mercy on me, and answered my prayer. Now, I pray only to the One the Bible tells me to pray to ~ God. And I have another prayer request for a terminally ill relative that I ask God to hear. God, please provide Russ his miracle, his healing, I ask this in the name of your Son and our Savior, Jesus Christ, AMEN.