E
ez3714
Guest
I’m a…ummm…well, I’m not really anything. Ever since I started studying what the Catholic Church was all about, I can’t call myself Protestant anymore. Anyway, I’m one of “those.”
My first purchase was a book on the Early Fathers of the Church, and was surprised to learn that they were real people with real…personality traits. I was particularly taken with St. Jerome, who apparently had the remarkable talent of waking up on the wrong side of the bed every day of his life. We have a lot in common, and I ask for his guidance and intercession quite often on the theory that 2,000-years of harp playing might have mellowed him out just a tad, but that he might still recognise a kindred spirit.
Anybody ever heard of prayers or devotions to St. Jerome asking for help in “living more gently?”
My first purchase was a book on the Early Fathers of the Church, and was surprised to learn that they were real people with real…personality traits. I was particularly taken with St. Jerome, who apparently had the remarkable talent of waking up on the wrong side of the bed every day of his life. We have a lot in common, and I ask for his guidance and intercession quite often on the theory that 2,000-years of harp playing might have mellowed him out just a tad, but that he might still recognise a kindred spirit.
Anybody ever heard of prayers or devotions to St. Jerome asking for help in “living more gently?”