Prayers

• Thread starter Thread starter lcchristine2003
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lcchristine2003

Can any one please e-mail me the prayer(s) used in confession. I have just moved and have lost all of the papers I received at RCIA. I don’t have all of my prayer memorized yet and can’t find just the basic everyday prayer used in church and confession printed anywhere? thanks for any help anyone can give me. I can be e-mail at lcchristine2003@yahoo.com.

Act of contrition:

“Oh my God, I am heartly sorry for having offended you. I detest all my sins because of Your just punishments. But most of all because they offend You my God who are all good and deserving of all my love. I firmly resolve with the help of your grace to sin no more and to avoid the near occation of sin.”

40.png
lcchristine2003:
Can any one please e-mail me the prayer(s) used in confession. I have just moved and have lost all of the papers I received at RCIA. I don’t have all of my prayer memorized yet and can’t find just the basic everyday prayer used in church and confession printed anywhere? thanks for any help anyone can give me. I can be e-mail at lcchristine2003@yahoo.com.

I usually make up my own prayer of contrition when the priest asks for one. No problem…The idea is to be contrite and to have a firm intention to not repeat the sins you have confessed…

A guide to the Sacrament of Reconciliation, including an act of contrition and an examination of conscience, prepared by the Knights of Columbus can be found here

Thanks to every one who replied so quickly. I still hope someone will e-mail me at lcchristine2003@yahoo.com so I can have something I can print out and keep for referrence. I understand making up your own prayer. I do all the time since I haven’t all of the formal ones memorized yet. QUOTE=Stylteralmaldo]Act of contrition:

“Oh my God, I am heartly sorry for having offended you. I detest all my sins because of Your just punishments. But most of all because they offend You my God who are all good and deserving of all my love. I firmly resolve with the help of your grace to sin no more and to avoid the near occation of sin.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back