Praying for conflicting things

  • Thread starter Thread starter fin
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fin

Guest
Is it okay to pray for conflicting things? For example a young person wants to attend a certain university and along with much preparation like studying hard, prays that he gets in. At the same time he’s not that confident that he’ll get accepted, or would incur more financial toll, distance, or for some other reason. So he prays that God would take away his desire to attend this school. So is it okay to pray for intentions that would seem to contradict each other?
 
I would think that praying for God’s will to be done would be the way to go. If it’s in His plan for this person to go to that particular school, the issues that arise from going to that school will be worked out. I often find myself praying for conflicting things. That’s when I admit to Him (and myself!) that I have no clue what’s going on, and I ask that He’ll guide me and show me my role, while leaving the big decisions up to Him.

I also feel like asking to be accepted into the school while asking to be relieved of the desire to go to that school aren’t nessicarily contradicting. It’s more like a back-up plan! 😉
 
Pray for God’s will and guidance, as well as increased clarity. There will be many situations where life presents multiple options and while many of them may be good choices, only one will be what God chose for you.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top