G
Galilea
Guest
I have no idea what happened to me this morning, but as soon as I opened my eyes I felt an inmense joy and an urgent need to give thanks to the Lord. Like many families we have also been affected by the whole economic mess, thankfully not as bad as many of my dear friends whom have lost their houses, cars, belongins and even their marriage. But this morning I felt such joy about the whole thing, I wasn’t even worried about the bills that are there waiting. I was so detached from any worry that as I gave thanks to the Lord, I thought to myself…"I hope I’m not loosing it
".
I gave thanks because It suddenly hit me like a ton of bricks, that this is the first Christmas that I’m as close as I’ve ever been to poverty. That my whole life I heard and read the story of Jesus being born into such poverty, but I never really understood poverty, for I had never really lived it. So today I woke up feeling that this experience of recession could actually be a GIFT from the Lord for us. As strange as it may sound, I am thankful to be able to be under this economic condition during Christmas. Mary and Joseph were so poor and alone when Jesus wa born, not even their families were near to help and support them. They were literally walking in pure Faith and Faith alone. Later they went to Egypt to protect the child. Poor, alone and moving into a nest of snakes, but they depended on Faith and Faith alone. Emmanuel was with them (God among them).
So this morning, in much joy, I said this to the Lord.
" Thankyou Father for all the blessings you give me today, I have a humble shelter, a warm coat and blanket, food in my pantry and I live in a country of democracy where opportunity and fellowship are always available. I just have to make the effort to find them, but they are out there. I also thankyou for allowing me, for gifting me and many others the opportunity to immitate you in your poverty this Christmas. Thankyou for removing all the distractions, attachments and noise, that kept me from experiencing Love and Love alone. Jesus your poverty was not a symbol of being in misery or in lack, it is an example of what living in pure love and peace is. Mary and Joseph lived in poverty, the Apostles lived in poverty, many Saints gave all material things up to be able to experience poverty. Saint Francis of Asissi called her “Sister Poverty”, Mother Teresa of Calcuta loved her poor. So Lord thankyou for gifting me this opportunity to share with You and your Holy Family this experience of bare truth, bare love, bare faith, without all the past distractions, noise and lies that overshadow the true meaning of your Holy Birth. Material things and comforts of well living will return with all it’s noise, busynness and distractions. But right now Lord I will enjoy this opportunity, this GIFT of living this amazing experience with You, for it may never return and I’m humbled, overjoyed and thankful."
So this is a post of thanksgiving, as strange as it may be, but it is what my whole being felt this morning as I opened my eyes. It has been hard and it could get worse, but right now I’m just thankful and full of peace about it. I pray the same inner peace for all here at CAF and around the world. EMMANUEL (GOD among us).
I gave thanks because It suddenly hit me like a ton of bricks, that this is the first Christmas that I’m as close as I’ve ever been to poverty. That my whole life I heard and read the story of Jesus being born into such poverty, but I never really understood poverty, for I had never really lived it. So today I woke up feeling that this experience of recession could actually be a GIFT from the Lord for us. As strange as it may sound, I am thankful to be able to be under this economic condition during Christmas. Mary and Joseph were so poor and alone when Jesus wa born, not even their families were near to help and support them. They were literally walking in pure Faith and Faith alone. Later they went to Egypt to protect the child. Poor, alone and moving into a nest of snakes, but they depended on Faith and Faith alone. Emmanuel was with them (God among them).
So this morning, in much joy, I said this to the Lord.
" Thankyou Father for all the blessings you give me today, I have a humble shelter, a warm coat and blanket, food in my pantry and I live in a country of democracy where opportunity and fellowship are always available. I just have to make the effort to find them, but they are out there. I also thankyou for allowing me, for gifting me and many others the opportunity to immitate you in your poverty this Christmas. Thankyou for removing all the distractions, attachments and noise, that kept me from experiencing Love and Love alone. Jesus your poverty was not a symbol of being in misery or in lack, it is an example of what living in pure love and peace is. Mary and Joseph lived in poverty, the Apostles lived in poverty, many Saints gave all material things up to be able to experience poverty. Saint Francis of Asissi called her “Sister Poverty”, Mother Teresa of Calcuta loved her poor. So Lord thankyou for gifting me this opportunity to share with You and your Holy Family this experience of bare truth, bare love, bare faith, without all the past distractions, noise and lies that overshadow the true meaning of your Holy Birth. Material things and comforts of well living will return with all it’s noise, busynness and distractions. But right now Lord I will enjoy this opportunity, this GIFT of living this amazing experience with You, for it may never return and I’m humbled, overjoyed and thankful."
So this is a post of thanksgiving, as strange as it may be, but it is what my whole being felt this morning as I opened my eyes. It has been hard and it could get worse, but right now I’m just thankful and full of peace about it. I pray the same inner peace for all here at CAF and around the world. EMMANUEL (GOD among us).