E
Errham
Guest
Hello,
I’m trying to expand my prayer life. Currently I’m praying the full LOTH and the more popular devotionals (Rosary, Chaplet of Divine Mercy, etc). But it just doesn’t seem enough - I really want to, to use the famous quote, “pray unceasingly”. Considering that this is best fulfilled in the LOTH, I was thinking of picking up an Orthodox Horologion to pray in addition to the Catholic offices. Would this be an orthodox (lower-case orthodox) practice? Or does anyone know of a way that I might be able to further expand my Catholic prayer life, without adventuring into the territory of different denominations? I can’t see anything wrong with the idea, but since I haven’t even been baptized yet, I feel it’s a pretty good idea to ask you guys before spending money on one.
Peace be to all, and thank you in advance.
I’m trying to expand my prayer life. Currently I’m praying the full LOTH and the more popular devotionals (Rosary, Chaplet of Divine Mercy, etc). But it just doesn’t seem enough - I really want to, to use the famous quote, “pray unceasingly”. Considering that this is best fulfilled in the LOTH, I was thinking of picking up an Orthodox Horologion to pray in addition to the Catholic offices. Would this be an orthodox (lower-case orthodox) practice? Or does anyone know of a way that I might be able to further expand my Catholic prayer life, without adventuring into the territory of different denominations? I can’t see anything wrong with the idea, but since I haven’t even been baptized yet, I feel it’s a pretty good idea to ask you guys before spending money on one.
Peace be to all, and thank you in advance.