K
kobudodave
Guest
Friends, Lets calm down here. We all seek the same thing. Lets get there together, and not stir trouble.
No, this is not about time. But my previous post still helps to understand how Jesus was able to speak with Moses and Elijah, who are VERY much saints, as they are part of those who are called out, the ecclesia. They were instrunment in God’s plans. So, in other words it is on topic.This thread is not about time, God being outside of time or when Heaven was opened, nor is it about physics or ideas from sci-fi entertainment. This thread is about praying to the saints. Can we please get back to this topic which the Op asking in a very charitable way and for which is appears that he came to a better understand of why and how Catholic pray to saints.
This thread is about praying to saints, not about science fiction. If you want to post about science fiction, start a different thread. Forum rules require that we stay on topic. Your twisting of words notwithstanding. You posts are utterly off topic and prompte theology as science fiction. What are you, a sock puppet?No, this is not about time. But my previous post still helps to understand how Jesus was able to speak with Moses and Elijah, who are VERY much saints, as they are part of those who are called out, the ecclesia. They were instrunment in God’s plans. So, in other words it is on topic.
I’m sorry, but from what I understand, the Church teaches that God is outside of time, he is eternal. None of what I have said is science fiction, unless you wish to call the Bible science fiction? The Bible says that God’s ways are not our ways. All I did was present a view that can give insight as to how Jesus spoke to Moses and Elijah while the heavens were closed. And to be honest, I left it at that. You keep drudging it up.This thread is about praying to saints, not about science fiction. If you want to post about science fiction, start a different thread. Forum rules require that we stay on topic. Your twisting of words notwithstanding. You posts are utterly off topic and prompte theology as science fiction. What are you, a sock puppet?
Again, this trhread is not about sci-fi or the sock-puppet argumant and attacks you make you make on me. You are off topic. Stop posting your sci-fi fantiasies and either start posting abpit praying to saint or, and this is preferable, stop posting.I’m sorry, but from what I understand, the Church teaches that God is outside of time, he is eternal. None of what I have said is science fiction, unless you wish to call the Bible science fiction? The Bible says that God’s ways are not our ways. All I did was present a view that can give insight as to how Jesus spoke to Moses and Elijah while the heavens were closed. And to be honest, I left it at that. You keep drudging it up.
Now, as for asking of the Saints, the passage starting in 1 Corinthians 12:12, it speaks about the body, the Church. The Church is one body, but has many parts. If you read this passage, and you have the understanding that even the dead in Christ are still a part of the body (Paul speaks of this), you will begin to see how trying to separate our deceased brethren from that body, as STILL a working member, is not only wrong, but foolish. The Saints in heaven still have a job to do as members of the one body, united through Christ’s blood.