Praying to the Saints

  • Thread starter Thread starter phinsbama
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

phinsbama

Guest
Hi. I am very new to the Catholic Faith and to this forum as well. I was wondering? Is praying to the saints for intercession biblical or handed down tradition? If it is biblical, where can I find it?
 
Hi. I am very new to the Catholic Faith and to this forum as well. I was wondering? Is praying to the saints for intercession biblical or handed down tradition? If it is biblical, where can I find it?
James 5:16… the prayers of a righteous man availeth much. I’m sure others will contribute here shortly.
 
In Revelation, do you see the saints underneath the altar offering up the prayers of ours as incense?

Where did those saints get those prayers from?
 
Thanks guys. This should give me something to chew on for a while.

CS
 
One other thing that is a good read is “An Exposition of the Orthodox Faith” by John of Damascus, Book IV written in the 7th or 8th century. Chapter 15 discusses the Saints, and Chapter 16 discusses sacred images.

newadvent.org/fathers/33044.htm
 
I like to think of it as praying to Jesus through the Saints, not praying directly to them. Sort of like asking a friend to put in a good word for me with the big guy.😃
 
I like to think of it as praying to Jesus through the Saints, not praying directly to them. Sort of like asking a friend to put in a good word for me with the big guy.😃
Exactly.

Remember phin, we don’t pray TO saints, we pray with them TO Christ and ask them to pray for us TO Christ for mercy.
 
Hi. I am very new to the Catholic Faith and to this forum as well. I was wondering? Is praying to the saints for intercession biblical or handed down tradition? If it is biblical, where can I find it?
Since your new, get in the habit of praying to them every day and soon it will feel natural (once you know why you pray to them). It’s just beginning to be normal for me. 🙂
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top