Praying to the Triune God

• Thread starter Thread starter Greg_McPherran
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello BB,
40.png
baltobetsy:
God knows directly, without the intervention of ideas. (Take a minute to wrap your mind around this one!) When we get to heaven, the beatific vision will consist of knowing God directly, at which point, we’ll understand the Trinity. It’s our human ideas (by which I mean the process of thinking with ideas, not goofy ideas that individuals come up with), and the limitations of our intellect that get in the way of answering your questions, Greg.
Yes, I like that! That relates to the depth of my questions! I do seek to eliminate contradictions. I see a mystery as a road. You can travel down the road and the road is open, but you may not get to the end of the road (at least not until Heaven). However, the Church also teaches (I believe) that human reason rightly rejects contradictions. A contradiction would be a block in the road showing the road to lead nowhere. I essentially seek to eliminate contradictions in the concept of Trinity because this indeed would be a valid problem to belief in the Trinity. Of course, I approach the question from a position of believing and ruling out contradictions rather than not believing until I do indeed rule out contradictions. As stated, I saw contradictions. Perhaps the simple language we use (in order to avoid books every time we speak) seems to be a contradiction but is an understood simplification. At any rate, I think I have come to a better understanding of the Trinity.

Thank You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back