S
StTommyMore
Guest
The only problem I see here is that the canonical status of the so-called “deuterocanonical” books varied from community to community. The Pharisees accepted the canon you suggest. The Sadducees only accepted the Torah, and the Jews of the Diaspora (ie, Jeusus and the Apostles) accepted the whole of LXX as canonical.This could also be because Jerome followed the pattern of the LXX and the Hebrew texts available to him which practice endured into modern times.
The Jewish Bible (OT) is not grouped according to how we think of it today. Rather it is Torah (the first five) and then the histories (Joshua, Judges, Kingdoms [including Samuel and Kings]) then wisdom (Psalter, Ecclesiastes, Job, Esther, Ruth, Songs, and Ezra which include Nehemiah and Lamentations) and then the Prophets (Isaiah, Ezekiel, Jeremiah) and then the Book of Twelve (the minor prophets all compiled in one book) and finally Daniel and if they are included Maccabees, Judith, Tobit, these last books, including Daniel, are all considered deuteocanonical/ apocalyptic by the Jews.
Please feel free to check me on this because I am doing this from memory so look it up, but it seems to me that LV groupings were similar which may explain the groupings in your Bible.
I am not sure the only Catholic Bible I own is NJB so I am guessing here.
God Bless