Jesus didn’t go far from Judea, but he did go into Gentile territories.
Mat 15:21 Jesus left and went to the territory near the cities of Tyre and Sidon.
Mar 8:27 And Jesus went out, and his disciples, into the towns of Caesarea Philippi: and by the way he asked his disciples, saying unto them, Whom do men say that I am?
Mar 5:1 And they came over unto the other side of the sea, into the country of the Gadarenes.
Jesus first mission was to the Jews.
Mat 15:24 Jesus said, “I was sent only to the people of Israel! They are like a flock of lost sheep.”
The Jews were the only people who would have understood Jesus messianic message and actions. When Jesus told people their sins were forgiven the Jewsw understood only God can forgive sins, so Jesus was claiming divinity. When Jesus said before Abraham, I am John 8:58, he was claiming to be God, Gentiles would not have understood these things, the Jews barely understood these things. Plus, you gotta start somewhere.
