Pregnant Student Banned from Graduation, Walks

  • Thread starter Thread starter CinciMom
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
Trelow:
I agree with you. But tough cookies. That’s the way it is. It’s a vicious cycle prophesied by Pope Paul VI.

Women are “liberated” and therefore believe they don’t need a man around for their boy. Boy has no man to teach him how to be a man. Boy acts like boy until he dies, including impregnating women and not assuming responsibility. Lather, rinse, repeat.

What is the answer?

Girls, be a lady, boys, be a man. If you have kids, beat it into them. But until we reject contraception this cycle will not break.

But alas, none of this is the point. The point is she acted in dissent a right authority. That was wrong. Wither or not the authority acted prudently, WE CANNOT DETERMINE DUE TO OUR LACK OF INFORMATION.
This entire statement is just drenched in it. “tough cookies” women are “liberated” im sorry thats just my interpretation of it.
 
40.png
TPJCatholic:
Lisa,

🙂 Respectfully, you are just plain wrong–the article said this about the father: ***The father of Cosby’s child, also a senior at the school, was allowed to participate in graduation. ***

The article did not say whether or not the school disciplined the boy in any way, nor does the article make it clear how they know anything about the father…you are making broad sweeping assumptions that are not in ther article.
?The boy was allowed to graduate like the others,right?Let us say the boy was punished in some other way:ehh: Why would the female be punished in a more public and humiliating way?Is it because the consequences are visible?:hmmm:
 
Lisa,

The article does not tell us how they know who the father is…do you trust everything you read?
 
40.png
TarAshly:
This entire statement is just drenched in it. “tough cookies” women are “liberated” im sorry thats just my interpretation of it.
Well “tough cookies” about sums it up. What shall we do? Tattoo the boys forehead with 10 month ink? God arranged the deal, not me.

Well isn’t the feminist notion that women are liberated by the pill? I thought the quotes made my intent obvious, I apologize if not so. Now you know.

I have a very rich devotion to the Immaculata. I have a mother, two grandmothers, and two great-grandmothers that I love very much. I have a wife and a daughter whom I love very much. And guess what sugar, I love you too. I don’t hate women.

You like to use “hate” as your catch-all for views you don’t agree with, eh?
 
40.png
TPJCatholic:
Lisa,

The article does not tell us how they know who the father is…do you trust everything you read?
and it doesn’t tell us if they are married or not.:rolleyes:
 
katherine,

Exactly! The article presents an account from a certain point of view. If the father and mother were married, then that would change the entire picture. Yet, somehow I think the school would be reacting quite differently if there were the case and I also think that wife and husband would have pranced across the stage together.
 
How do we even know the father goes to the same school or who he is? The article does not say who informed the journalist as to the identity of the father? Did the girl tell him/her, did the school tell him/her, did some students tell him/her? Why was the source of important information not listed in the article?

I am told by most here that I am to assume the worst of the Catholic school authorities, yet I am to believe the pregnant student unquestionably, even though both sides admit she defied their authority. Credibility? Which side has more?

This is not about conspiracy it is about lack of information, reason and deference to authority.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top