P
phillip94
Guest
Hello all,
I’ve been a member of this forum for a few days now, I have been reading a lot of threads created by other users on a variety of topics and it’s only making me more excited for starting my course at University in September.
I’m going to be studying for a BA Honours in Theology and Religious Studies.
I was just wondering if anyone could recommend some books or cds/audio files which would be beneficial to study prior to my course starting. I have a few books already which I have been reading, one is ‘Theology, The Basics’ written by Alister E. McGrath. The majority of the other books are purely from a Roman Catholic/Catholic standpoint so they are still beneficial however limit me to what I can learn about other faiths and topics.
If someone requests for me to tell them the modules that I’m going to study then I can easily do so. But if not, I would like to know which books or other forms of information do you suggest me studying for basic theology and the study of religion?
Thank you very much for taking the time to read this post, any feedback/reply is greatly appreciated!
_____________________
Mark 14:62
“Are You the Christ, the Son of the Living God?”
And Jesus replied,
“I AM; and you shall see the Son of Man seated at the right hand of power, and coming with the clouds of Heaven.”
I’ve been a member of this forum for a few days now, I have been reading a lot of threads created by other users on a variety of topics and it’s only making me more excited for starting my course at University in September.
I’m going to be studying for a BA Honours in Theology and Religious Studies.
I was just wondering if anyone could recommend some books or cds/audio files which would be beneficial to study prior to my course starting. I have a few books already which I have been reading, one is ‘Theology, The Basics’ written by Alister E. McGrath. The majority of the other books are purely from a Roman Catholic/Catholic standpoint so they are still beneficial however limit me to what I can learn about other faiths and topics.
If someone requests for me to tell them the modules that I’m going to study then I can easily do so. But if not, I would like to know which books or other forms of information do you suggest me studying for basic theology and the study of religion?
Thank you very much for taking the time to read this post, any feedback/reply is greatly appreciated!
_____________________
Mark 14:62
“Are You the Christ, the Son of the Living God?”
And Jesus replied,
“I AM; and you shall see the Son of Man seated at the right hand of power, and coming with the clouds of Heaven.”