Preschool homeschooling materials HELP NEEDED

  • Thread starter Thread starter 1inICXC
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
1

1inICXC

Guest
There is no homeschooling in our country but we are so dissatisfied with the educational system here that we decided we will keep our children at home for as long as we can.

I’ve started homeschooling our 3 and 5 yr old and am improvising along the way but I could really use the help of printable material.

I’m having an especially hard time finding things such as the virtues illustrated ( I found the vices!!), the beatitudes illustrate etc. I see there are books but if I start ordering and paying for the shipping for every item this will turn out to be a costly experience.

As such, I would reeeaaalllyyyy appreciate links or printable docs or anything that you have found particularly useful and accessible with little ones, even DY although I am not artistically inclined in the least.

Thanks in advance for all your suggestions!

God bless!
 
I don’t know what country you are in, but please check out www.ignatius.com.
They are Catholic booksellers and have many books on theology. Not sure if they have homeschooling per se, but they have some e-books and on the sidebar, they also have links to their foreign distributors. It’s worth a look. I am always finding things I want in their catalog. Best wishes on homeschooling. 🙂
 
There is no homeschooling in our country but we are so dissatisfied with the educational system here that we decided we will keep our children at home for as long as we can.

I’ve started homeschooling our 3 and 5 yr old and am improvising along the way but I could really use the help of printable material.

I’m having an especially hard time finding things such as the virtues illustrated ( I found the vices!!), the beatitudes illustrate etc. I see there are books but if I start ordering and paying for the shipping for every item this will turn out to be a costly experience.

As such, I would reeeaaalllyyyy appreciate links or printable docs or anything that you have found particularly useful and accessible with little ones, even DY although I am not artistically inclined in the least.

Thanks in advance for all your suggestions!

God bless!
Hi. I hope the following helps:

Kids love the computer so what an awesome way to learn about God thru this website (very interactive which kids love)

ewtn.com/ewtnkids/home.asp

This has been well received in our church by the children:

tru.davidccook.com/

I have used these and found them helpful. The 2nd one is great for free coloring pages for the kids and other activities:

twopaths.com/BibleStories.htm

funnycoloring.com/search.php?zs=noah&x=27&y=14

ministry-to-children.com/lessons/

God Bless You in you ministry. Peace
 
I did find one Catholic homeschool mom who has a blog. She has A,B,C coloring pages with each letter relating to a virtue.

ponderedinmyheart.typepad.com/pondered_in_my_heart/alphabet-coloring-pages/

This site has lots of free downloads of coloring pages and worksheets. I didn’t see the virtues but there are lots of prayer and liturgical year ones.

roman-catholic-catechism.com/coloring-pages-to-print.html

As mentioned above, Ignatius has great stuff. Their PK series is “Who Am I?” - it is the youger child part of the Image of God religous ed program.

When you are ready to go more formal, we loved the material from Catholic Heritage Curriculum.
 
wow! some excellent things in your recommendations.

Thank you all. I am trying to make sense of everything and work it into a loose curriculum.
It’s so hard not to be overwhelmed to see the talent and creativity of some people, my poor kids… I watch drawing cartoons with them in order to learn basic art lol
 
Google Catholic Icing. I believe the website is www.catholicicing.com. She has an awesome preschool curriculum that is Catholic based and follows the liturgical year. Decently priced, too!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top