President Makes Another Call To Columbus

• Thread starter Thread starter gilliam
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gilliam

I don’t know how much people know about these sorts of visits and phone calls by the president. They are seldom reported, but I have seen a lot of emails of similar experiences.

COLUMBUS, Ohio – President George W. Bush had another phone conversation while in Columbus Wednesday with an assistant Columbus fire chief who recently lost his wife to breast cancer, NBC 4 reported.

Bush first met Karry Ellis in September during a campaign visit in Columbus. That was when the president learned that Ellis’ wife, Martha, was battling cancer. The president called her on the phone.

Martha Ellis passed away in October, so Bush called her husband the day before the election to offer his condolences.

On Wednesday, Bush visited Columbus to tout his energy plan. While in town, he made another phone call.

“I answer, it’s on my Blackberry, my phone,” Karry Ellis said. "I said, ‘Chief Ellis.’ And immediately, you know, ‘Karry, this is George Bush!’ "

Bush asked Karry Ellis how he and the couple’s children were coping.

"His next words were, ‘I think about you every day, and I pray for you every day,’ " Karry Ellis said. "I mean, it just overwhelmed me. I said, ‘Mr. President, I can’t tell you … I mean, that just overwhelms me. I don’t know what to say.’ " The president invited Karry Ellis and his children to the White House for the annual Easter egg hunt, which will be held later this month.

nbc4i.com/news/4273310/detail.html

40.png
gilliam:
I don’t know how much people know about these sorts of visits and phone calls by the president. They are seldom reported, but I have seen a lot of emails of similar experiences.

COLUMBUS, Ohio – President George W. Bush had another phone conversation while in Columbus Wednesday with an assistant Columbus fire chief who recently lost his wife to breast cancer, NBC 4 reported.

Bush first met Karry Ellis in September during a campaign visit in Columbus. That was when the president learned that Ellis’ wife, Martha, was battling cancer. The president called her on the phone.

Martha Ellis passed away in October, so Bush called her husband the day before the election to offer his condolences.

On Wednesday, Bush visited Columbus to tout his energy plan. While in town, he made another phone call.

“I answer, it’s on my Blackberry, my phone,” Karry Ellis said. "I said, ‘Chief Ellis.’ And immediately, you know, ‘Karry, this is George Bush!’ "

Bush asked Karry Ellis how he and the couple’s children were coping.

"His next words were, ‘I think about you every day, and I pray for you every day,’ " Karry Ellis said. "I mean, it just overwhelmed me. I said, ‘Mr. President, I can’t tell you … I mean, that just overwhelms me. I don’t know what to say.’ " The president invited Karry Ellis and his children to the White House for the annual Easter egg hunt, which will be held later this month.

nbc4i.com/news/4273310/detail.html
Thanks for posting gilliam, you always have the best stories to include on the forums. I truly think President Bush is a sincere, kind hearted man.

Lisa N

It’s nice to know that our president really does have a heart. It’s always hard to tell with public figures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back