Presidential Debate: Trump vs. Biden 9PM Tuesday September 29

• Thread starter Thread starter 1cthlctrth
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

1cthlctrth

Chris Wallace will moderate the debate, scheduled for Tuesday, September 29, from 9PM to 11PM at Case Western Reserve University and Cleveland Clinic in Cleveland.

Topics:
  • The Trump and Biden Records
  • The Supreme Court
  • Covid-19
  • The United States Economy
  • Race and Violence in our Cities
  • The Integrity of the Election
The debate will consist of six 15-minute segments, the Commission for Presidential Debates announced Tuesday, each one dedicated to one of the aforementioned debate topics selected by Wallace.

Most television networks will broadcast the debate live.

Last edited:
It’ll be interesting to see whether Biden insists that the Supreme Court appointment be put off, but then refuse to release his own list of potential Supreme Court Justices.

If the Electors are to vote for the future of the Supreme Court, it might be helpful for a Presidential candidate to be more transparent.

Last edited:
I hope we can have an interesting discussion about the debate itself in this thread. We have plenty of Trump and Biden threads, so it would be nice if this thread is specifically about the debate and people don’t go off on their own tangents.

I like in the UK but am going to try and stay up for it (2am start time here). I am curious to see how Biden performs, as he hasn’t looked great in front of the camera at times, making quite a few gaffs, and this is going to be quite a long live stint.

Only 6 topics on board, maybe the thread can stay on topic of those six topics, they are listed in post #1.

Doesn’t look as though abortion is going to come up in this one, unless it gets brought up by Trump in the Supreme Court topic, which I doubt.

I like in the UK but am going to try and stay up for it (2am start time here). I am curious to see how Biden performs, as he hasn’t looked great in front of the camera at times, making quite a few gaffs, and this is going to be quite a long live stint.
Im also toying with the idea of staying up, but doubt I will last to the end.

Ive always stayed up to watch the US election results, but they always tend to fall on the week I take off for my birthday, so sleeping in the next day to make up for it wasn’t an issue!

Last edited:
I wouldn’t stay up but I have a day off the following day and nothing much planned, so I can afford to wake up at midday.

Having said that I’m sure I’m probably going to be flirting with the idea of going to bed in the next hour or so. I do hope to beat the temptation though.

It’ll be interesting to hear if Joe Biden is asked whether he condemns those telling him “never to concede the Election under any circumstances”. Or those who still refuse to accept the results of the 2016 Elections.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back