R
RuthByzCat3
Guest
Is there a / what is the difference between presuming on Confession and knowing that when you receive the sacrament, God will forgive you? I feel that there might be, but I really don’t know.
Of course there is.Is there a / what is the difference between presuming on Confession and knowing that when you receive the sacrament, God will forgive you? I feel that there might be, but I really don’t know.
no your feelings are leading you to endless worry, something you have expressed before here. Rely on the truth about the sacrament, yes God forgives you through his mercy in the grace of this sacrament. To rely on his word is not presumption. Presumption is relying on your own opinion and feelings: it would be presumption to say “I don’t need confession and I don’t need to stop sinning because God will forgive me anyhow.”Is there a / what is the difference between presuming on Confession and knowing that when you receive the sacrament, God will forgive you? I feel that there might be, but I really don’t know.