"Priest can't account for missing $200G"

• Thread starter Thread starter Kevin_Walker
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kevin_Walker

At a closed East Boston Church, Our Lady of Mount Carmel, at least $200 thousand dollars missing.

Where’s the Money?
$31,000 for renting Church parking lot’s 25 spaces

$72,000 in rent from Embassy Suites for use of convent

$60,000 raised to replace broken boiler, which was never replaced

$$$$$ ? “An unknown amount from at least 18 fund-raising events, Italian feasts, parties and religious processions not reported in the church’s weekly bulletins from 2002 to 2004.”

"Former parishioners of Our Lady of Mount Carmel Church in East Boston claim the Rev. Francis de Sales Paolo mismanaged at least $200,000 in funds. He told the [Boston] Herald: ‘As far as I know, I didn’t steal any money. I can’t remember.’ "

"Paolo, now pastor of St. Margaret’s Church in Buzzards Bay, could not account for the money. ‘As far as I know, I didn’t steal any money. I can’t remember,’ the frail 72-year-old pastor said."

"While Paolo served the East Boston parish, he is ont an archdiocesan priest but instead is a Franciscan. His superior in New York, the Rev. Robert M. Campagna, defended his friar. ‘The charges are false,’ Campagna said. News of the probe into the finances of the East Boston church comes the same day that former priest Bernard Kelly is to be arraigned on charges he stole more than $500,000 from St. Joseph’s Church in Falmouth. Kelly’s alleged thievery was uncovered during an investigation into the 2003 murder of a 20-year-old man who was stabbed to death after spurning sexual advances from a St. Joseph’s handyman."

Kevin Walker:
At a closed East Boston Church, Our Lady of Mount Carmel, **

former priest Bernard Kelly is to be arraigned on charges he stole more than $500,000 from St. Joseph’s Church in Falmouth.

2003 murder of a 20-year-old man who was stabbed to death after spurning sexual advances from a St. Joseph’s handyman."**
What is it about Boston area clergymen? Bernard Law covers up for several paedophiles, other dioceses have the same problem, and now we have priest-thieves?

What’s next? Priest hit-men?

Sad. I was baptized in that church. This was once an Italian immigrant community that loved their church and their church was very much part of their culture. I prefer to remember it that way.

Deacon Tony

Deacon Tony560:
Sad. I was baptized in that church. This was once an Italian immigrant community that loved their church and their church was very much part of their culture. I prefer to remember it that way.

Deacon Tony
I am very sorry. I did not know you were baptized in Eastie at the Mount Carmel Church. East Boston was once 100% Italian American, and now its primarily hispanic.

My Church in South Boston, the Gate of Heaven, where I was baptized, made my first communion, and confirmation, is on the verge of closure. And when it does close I know I will be in shock.

I submitted this post because I think its important to be aware that our Catholic Church still has problems and we are all responsible for the moral integrity of our parishes.

My girlfriend’s Church out in Belmont is closing soon. We are all being affected by the “smoke of satan” that has blown into the Church.

I love the response:

Paolo, now a pastor at St. Margaret’s in Buzzards Bay, told the Herald, "As far as I know I didn’t steal any money. I can’t remember. :bigyikes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back