G
Ghirardelli
Guest
I know the Sacramentary says to introduce the Gospel reading with:
Deacon (or Priest): The Lord be with you. All: And also with you.
Deacon (or Priest): A reading from the Holy Gospel according to [Matthew, Mark, Luke, or John]…
Yet from one priest I hear:
Deacon (or Priest): May the Lord be with you. All: And also with you.
Deacon (or Priest): A proclamation of the Holy Gospel as recorded in [Matthew, Mark, Luke, or John]…
I know it’s not a “liturgical abuse” and it’s not a big deal in the least but I’m curious about the variance is all?
Deacon (or Priest): The Lord be with you. All: And also with you.
Deacon (or Priest): A reading from the Holy Gospel according to [Matthew, Mark, Luke, or John]…
Yet from one priest I hear:
Deacon (or Priest): May the Lord be with you. All: And also with you.
Deacon (or Priest): A proclamation of the Holy Gospel as recorded in [Matthew, Mark, Luke, or John]…
I know it’s not a “liturgical abuse” and it’s not a big deal in the least but I’m curious about the variance is all?