M
migurl
Guest
Ok, this happened a while ago but it has started bothering me again lately.
Previously, my husband had been an usher at our parish, and one of his responsibilities was to watch for people abusing the conscecrated host (not swallowing, trying to leave with out consuming it etc.) One Sunday he rescued a Host and took it to our parish priest. My Hubby found our priest in a conversation in the church and he approached him with the Host. The priest took the Host from him and stuffed it in his pocket and continued his conversation. My hubby was deeply troubled by this as am I. I am not sure if anything can be done now, since so much time has passed. It really is sad that a priest would put our Lord Jesus Christ into his pocket with lint and change. In my opinion, he should have immediatly taken care of hte Host and then returned to his earthly conversation after OUr lord was safely handled. Am I wrong?
Previously, my husband had been an usher at our parish, and one of his responsibilities was to watch for people abusing the conscecrated host (not swallowing, trying to leave with out consuming it etc.) One Sunday he rescued a Host and took it to our parish priest. My Hubby found our priest in a conversation in the church and he approached him with the Host. The priest took the Host from him and stuffed it in his pocket and continued his conversation. My hubby was deeply troubled by this as am I. I am not sure if anything can be done now, since so much time has passed. It really is sad that a priest would put our Lord Jesus Christ into his pocket with lint and change. In my opinion, he should have immediatly taken care of hte Host and then returned to his earthly conversation after OUr lord was safely handled. Am I wrong?