Priest refuse to give communion during mass?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Margaret1
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
The marriage rule is simply one I personally do not agree with. I am not going to go to confession for having a civil wedding ceremony because 1) I am not sorry for making that choice and 2) I remain married and therefore confession/absolution is meaningless in this instance and 3) nowhere in the Bible does it state that a marriage is only valid it is takes place in a church, by a priest and it that priest agrees that the marriage is a good idea and agrees to marry you. This is a rule man up by our church leaders that I think needs to be re-evaluated.
Maureen, may i recommend that you look into the nature of the Sacrament of marriage in the Church to obtain a deeper understanding of what the Church teaches and the importance of it. Here is a link for a head start on what the Church teaches about marriage.

usccb.org/laity/marriage/marriagefaqs.shtml
 
I am at a loss to understand how a Catholic would think that her marriage is in any way better or more proper or holy when witnessed by some non-believing freemason civil judge than by a Catholic priest.

.
At no time did I say that my marriage was better, proper, more holy or whatever. I only said that I do not feel that my marriage is any less valid. And I was not married by a “Non believing freemason civil judge”. I was married by a non-denomiational minister.

I think Jesus is watching us and shaking his head at some the “rules” we have imposed on ourselves.
 
Those who have not been married as the Church prescribes have not entered into a sacramental marriage and therefore are not validly married in the Church. They may be civilly married but not married as far as the Church is concerned. Marriage is a sacrament, not merely a civil agreement. As a sacrament it should be officiated by a properly appointed representative of the Church in a consecrated place, such as a parish church (unless the bishop gives a dispensation), not merely administered by a non-Catholic minister or witnessed by a civil official. Catholics are under Catholic authority and should do as the Church requires. All anyone has to do is talk to his parish priest who will be more than happy to help couples do as they are bound to do according to Church law. A priest who circumvents Church law is not helping but hindering those under his pastoral care.

Thank you everyone for your participation in this thread.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top