Priest wouldn’t let me confess a sin?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Shinywooper
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Shinywooper

Guest
Hello, I’ve struggled with scruples for quite awhile now, and my confessor knows that. Recently I tried to confess I sin I forgot to mention from awhile ago (like 10 years ago) and I’m pretty sure it was mortal (disrespectful to a holy object), and before I could say what it was he said “it’s already forgiven, it’s not mortal and it’s in the past”.
I have of course gone to confession many many times since that incident 10 years ago I just forgot about it and just recently remembered it. I want to confess it but my normal confessor wouldn’t let me, and I wasn’t sure what to do. I don’t know if it would be right to go to another priest or just move on. Anything helps, thank you 🙂
 
Last edited:
If your normal confessor, who knows you, absolved you and said move on, move on.
 
Whatsoever you loose on earth is loosed in heaven. Mt. 18:18

In a previous confession, ALL sins, even those you may have forgotten , are forgiven in the priest’s absolution. He is correct. Be at peace, and trust him and the Holy Spirit who speaks through him.

I have had a priest remind me of this during lent when I made my confession, that when he absolves, he forgives all sins, even those sins we may have forgotten or were unaware were sins. He may have been surprised at the few sins I confessed, and wanted to cover all the bases, just in case I forgot some. LOL.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top