Priests for Life Site: what has happened?

  • Thread starter Thread starter MarieVeronica
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MarieVeronica

Guest
I’ve had the Priests for Life site link in my signature forever. So, last night… Fr. Pavone makes his statement on Facebook… saying he will “disobey” the mandate. Next morning, I go to read “Priests for Life” and I find this:



I nearly fell off my chair! (I did remove from my signature, for now… just in case). But can anyone tell me… how long has this been going on? And has anyone else noticed this? btw… Fr. Pavone is still up and running on Facebook. That is the new link, below… that I replaced the other one with.

Scary times we’re living in! Pray the Rosary, dear souls. God bless.
 
I get the same warning it is probably something on the site that is triggering this warning I personally doubt it hurts your computer, but it may so be carful. I fully expect that PFL is working on getting this fixed hopefully it will be better son. It is frustrating to have to click let me in anyway when I click on this.
 
note after some basic research I would stay away until this problem is fixed
 
Ok, thanks for your replies.

I guess it just struck me as very odd and ironic, that I find this the next morning… after Fr. Pavone makes his statement on Facebook.

That’s why I was wondering… has it been this way for awhile? Or did this just occur? Seems very odd, indeed. I hope that there is nothing truly sinister going on here. 😦

God bless you, Fr. Pavone. If you’re reading Catholic Answers… please know, that we’re keeping you in our prayers.
 
Ok, thanks for your replies.

I guess it just struck me as very odd and ironic, that I find this the next morning… after Fr. Pavone makes his statement on Facebook.

That’s why I was wondering… has it been this way for awhile? Or did this just occur? Seems very odd, indeed. I hope that there is nothing truly sinister going on here.
It might be…it might not be. My personal site (which doesn’t have anything to do with hot topics or even religion) once had the same thing happen. I wasn’t using a particularly secure client and someone on the other side of the world was able to get my FTP information and upload a virus to it. I wasn’t being specifically targeted or anything. Any site would have been useable who whoever it was.

I’m sure it will be fixed in a few days.
 
:confused:
Fr. Pavone makes his statement on Facebook… saying he will “disobey” the mandate.
What does that mean? Does Fr Pavone even offer health insurance to anyone? I would assume that the priests get whatever insurance they have through their diocese.

I understand why the mandate is a problem, but I don’t see how youcan “disobey” something that doesn’t apply to you. :confused:
 
The site is accessible from my location. Google’s search presents a similar page when looking up PFL while other engines I have tried do not.

If you got that page after clicking a direct link to PFL, your proxy server probably uses Google’s “safety” mechanism.
 
Hmmmmmmmmmm… Other engines will not access the site? Curiuser and curiouser…:cool:
 
Most search engines do not have a virus safety service. Google does…but most of them do not. When Google blocked my site, it was because it actually had a virus.

I’d sooner believe that PFL had a virus uploaded to them (where that came from is anyone’s guess) and that not Google has a vendetta against them.
 
Most search engines do not have a virus safety service. Google does…but most of them do not. When Google blocked my site, it was because it actually had a virus.

I’d sooner believe that PFL had a virus uploaded to them (where that came from is anyone’s guess) and that not Google has a vendetta against them.
It certainly came from elsewhere. Google even knows where.

Someone may have hijacked links from PFL to lead to those other sites instead. Most likely, they were opportunists looking for an insecure site. Although, it may have been a targeted attack intended to trigger the Google barricade.

Curiously, Google checked PFL again the second day, found the problem links fixed, but still leaves the barricade up.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top