Private Dutch donations exeed 112 million euro

• Thread starter Thread starter Emmy
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Emmy

Last night the Dutch private donations were over 112 million Euro, that is about 153.5 million Dollar.
Sure shows the generousity of this tiny little country.

Emmy

Yup. 👍

I think nearly every nation on earth will step up and deliver, at least somewhat.

May God bless and keep all those poor victims of the tsunami.

Hi Emmy!

Happy and Holy New year! Yes, my country also has pledged 80M$ and the PM will bring it to 100M. From what I have heard, the government will also match any private donation. Our country may be quite big but the population is not that great.

God bless all who have suffered extreme pain in one form or antoher. God bless those who try to help. May He protect them against the vultures lurking for young 'uns for prostitution,

Blessings.
Shoshana

40.png
Shoshana:
God bless all who have suffered extreme pain in one form or antoher. God bless those who try to help. May He protect them against the vultures lurking for young 'uns for prostitution,

Blessings.
Shoshana
:amen:
and God bless you too…

Emmy

That is very generous of you all…God Bless
40.png
Emmy:
Last night the Dutch private donations were over 112 million Euro, that is about 153.5 million Dollar.
Sure shows the generousity of this tiny little country.

Emmy

I hope there is some long range planning involved. Right now there is a crisis but in the long run the entire economic infrastructure will need rebuilding. So much of the economy is tourist oriented. Hotels, restaurants, recreation facilities need to be rebuilt. My fear is that by the time they are ready to rebuild, the money will be gone. And the tsunami will be old news and hard to get more money in

Lisa N

Our diocese is still collecting for Catholic Relief services so we won’t have the final amounts that have been donated by private citizens fin the USA for some time. Our local (Chicago) media raised over a million last week in one day of pledging during broadcasting. This is just one city. Our children all had programs at school where they collected from all the children, so that is just being sent in also. I think it will take several months to collect it all. It do think that an overall plan would be good.

40.png
Fitz:
Our children all had programs at school where they collected from all the children, so that is just being sent in also. .
Code:
My grandchild attends a Catholic school and they were asked to bring in loose change, etc for the relief of the victims. I presume this is also true of the public schools…

Blessings,
Shoshana

40.png
Emmy:
Well this is not the final amount here too.

Emmy
I am sure that is the case for every country. That is why it was silly of anyone to compare and criticize donation amounts. Our parish collected again this weekend, and will be forwarding money in the name of Catholic Relief for weeks to come. Way to go for the Dutch! I am glad that we all feel the need and the responsibility. It gives me hope for the world.

40.png
Shoshana:
Code:
My grandchild attends a Catholic school and they were asked to bring in loose change, etc for the relief of the victims. I presume this is also true of the public schools…

Blessings,
Shoshana
Shoshana, I listen to Catholic radio whenever I drive and many people were calling in and saying what their schools were doing. It is heartwarming. I am sure the public schools are doing this also. I would place a bet on that if I were a bettting person. My youngest is at a Catholic school and the kids bring in donations and then the administration allows them to have a jeans day instead of the uniform dress code. The kids love it, and the money is not forgotten. They do it for many causes, like Habitat for humanity, sports teams, etc.

40.png
Fitz:
I am sure that is the case for every country. That is why it was silly of anyone to compare and criticize donation amounts. Our parish collected again this weekend, and will be forwarding money in the name of Catholic Relief for weeks to come. Way to go for the Dutch! I am glad that we all feel the need and the responsibility. It gives me hope for the world.
Code:
God brings good out of any bad situation…let us continue to move with His spirit…👍 whether we are french, dutch, american or canadian…

Blessings,
Shoshana

40.png
Fitz:
Don´t worry am not comparing or criticizing any donation,
all is neccessary for the victims.

Emmy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back