Pro-abortion nuns to speak at Wisconsin parish!

• Thread starter Thread starter Catholic29
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Catholic29

renewamerica.us/columns/abbott/050206

Pro-abortion nuns to speak at Wisconsin parish

Matt C. Abbott
February 6, 2005

Catholic and pro-life activist Darla Meyers sent me a notice that Sisters Brigid and Jane McDonald, CSJ, will be speaking on “Living Non-Violence in a Violent World” at a conference at St. Patrick Church in Hudson, Wis. (a parish in the Diocese of Superior) on Feb. 19.

On the surface, it looks fine. But these nuns are notoriously left-wing, believing, among other things, that legalized abortion is “crucial,” though they are supposedly “troubled” by abortion itself.

In addition, Sister Jane has been quoted as saying, “Catholicism is oppressive. I’ve become less shackled since I’ve discovered the gift of the Goddess. I’m much closer to earth and animals. My God was too small, microscopic. I feel I’ve gotten reeducated about spirituality.” She also said, “Get rid of the Roman collar, clericalism, the pope. Jesus would be the first one to say so.”

Oh, yes, lest I forget, I should mention the good sisters are very much against war. Imagine that!

Don’t believe me? Take a quick look at the following lengthy 1999 article in City Pages (the above quotes are from this article):

citypages.com/databank/20/962/article7560.asp

The St. Patrick Church website is pressenter.com/~stpats/.

Matt C. Abbott is the former executive director of the Illinois Right to Life Committee and the former director of public affairs for the Chicago-based Pro-Life Action League. He is a Catholic journalist and commentator. He can be reached at mattcabbott@hotmail.com

Not only that, but the conference is also co-sponsored by a nest of local protestant churches, Lutheram, Baptist, and Episcopalian along with another Catholic Parish from River Falls. Unfortumately none of the forums will talk about the violence and horror of abortion in our society. Bunch of old timer peaceniks nattering against war and local poverty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back