Pro-life activists protest outside Biden's Delaware home: 'abortion ground zero'

• Thread starter Thread starter Victoria33
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Victoria33

Pro-life activists protest outside Biden’s Delaware home: ‘abortion ground zero’​

By Ryan Foley, Christian Post Reporter

More than 50 pro-life activists protested against abortion outside of the Delaware home of Democrat presidential nominee Joe Biden on Thursday.

Spearheaded by Randall Terry, founder of the group Operation Save America (Operation Rescue), the group’s “Stop Biden Express” bus and two additional buses arrived at Biden’s home in Wilmington around 1 p.m. on Thursday.

In an interview with The Christian Post, Terry said that police stopped traffic in both directions for about 15 or 20 minutes. Secret Service agents were also said to be on hand.

So we’ve got one party that supports abortion on demand and another that doesn’t. The inverse is that the party that opposes abortion supports the death penalty. So neither party is completely pro life. Accepted. Given that knowledge, I think I’ll still support the party that executed convicted felons instead of unborn children.

Vatican teaching seems clear.

We should examine who is “most pro-life”, not the perfect pro-lifer because even our personal opinions may differ on this. Some pro-lifers want “personhood” in the womb, that’s probably fine with me but it’s not necessarily something that everyone agrees with.

So we’ve got one party that supports abortion on demand and another that doesn’t. The inverse is that the party that opposes abortion supports the death penalty. So neither party is completely pro life. Accepted. Given that knowledge, I think I’ll still support the party that executed convicted felons instead of unborn children.
I understand what you mean, however, I think it I best if we support the truth. Meaning, do support the good from each party. Support the policy more than the party. That is how we get things changed.

In an interview with The Christian Post, Terry said that police stopped traffic in both directions for about 15 or 20 minutes.
While I support pro-life and freedom of speech, this is flipping annoying.

Free speech should not be impacting people’s ability to get where they need to be. I don’t care what side of an issue you’re on.

Last edited:

Free speech should not be impacting people’s ability to get where they need to be. I don’t care what side of an issue you’re on.
Antifa and BLM have made daily headlines or at least, weekly headlines for doing this. I’m sure you criticized them for this as well.

The side of the issue I am on is the Catholic side that respects the Sanctity of Life.

Last edited:
40.png
Victoria33:
In an interview with The Christian Post, Terry said that police stopped traffic in both directions for about 15 or 20 minutes.

I agree with this. I remember hearing about a protest some Stanford students engaged in…shut down traffic on a bay bridge…delayed an ambulance from getting to a hospital.

I would imagine that now the protesters that most local government officials don’t like are starting to do what their favored protesters are doing (blocking traffic), it might now get stopped.

It’s also not totally unheard of for there to be a stoppage of traffic at a protest. In fact, 6 weeks ago or so, our police cleared the way for BLM protesters to march through. In that instance, it was fine. Even if I may not totally agree with them, they were exercising their freedom of speech. I think the police blocked off traffic to avoid some unforeseen danger. They marched right in front of a shopping center I frequent. 15-20 minutes isn’t that much time.

Last edited:
Re-reading the story, these protesters may well have not “BLOCKED” traffic, the police may have come only to keep things orderly. Just like the protest I saw, the protesters marched in the street, there was no intention to block traffic. That has happened in the past as well of course.

Antifa and BLM have made daily headlines or at least, weekly headlines for doing this. I’m sure you criticized them for this as well.
Yes, I did, and will continue to do so.

The Constitution provides for free speech with reasonable time, place and manner restrictions.
It is not reasonable to me to block a road.
Again I don’t care if you’re pro life, pro choice, antifa, BLM, Proud Boys or whoever, get the heck out of the public road.

We have a demonstration here for pro life every month and sometimes more often during certain months. (I’ve been to it, as well as to the March for Life and prayer vigils for life, so I support the sanctity of pro life too, btw.)

It does not block traffic, driveways, or the sidewalk. It is done in front of Planned Parenthood. There is no reason to do it in front of Biden’s house which is a well-traveled road, not some suburban cul de sac. It does not win people to your side, is unnecessary and dangerous.

While it is important to support pro-life, there are many ways to do it and not create a public nuisance or hazard doing it. I would hope we do not sink to the level of antifa.

Last edited:
Re-reading the story, these protesters may well have not “BLOCKED” traffic
The police blocked the road. There is no sidewalk there, they would have had to be in the road. Biden’s house and church are about a half hour away from where I’m typing from, I pass it all the time.

I’ll be stepping off the thread now, good day to you.

Last edited:
I agree with this. I remember hearing about a protest some Stanford students engaged in…shut down traffic on a bay bridge…delayed an ambulance from getting to a hospital.

I would imagine that now the protesters that most local government officials don’t like are starting to do what their favored protesters are doing (blocking traffic), it might now get stopped.
I don’t find that they “blocked” traffic, the police came to keep things in order apparently.

I’m also not a fan of protesting at politician’s houses. Nothing good comes of that practice…however…I don’t think it will stop until more Democratic politicians homes see protesters. Then it will be a concern to them.

The article does not say they blocked traffic.

We should remember the protesters are brothers and sisters in Christ as well. We don’t know the exact situation. It seems there is nowhere to be found to protest Biden since he makes few appearances.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back