• Thread starter Thread starter buffalo
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buffalo

Pro-life group protests gay show

Says chorus should not be allowed to sing in church

A local pro-life organization protested the performance Sunday of a gay men’s chorus at a Catholic church. Representatives of the Buffalo Regional Right to Life Committee said it was inappropriate for Blessed Trinity Church to allow homosexuals to sing at the church because of the Catholic Church’s position against homosexuality.

“The homosexual lifestyle is immoral, and a gay group is not appropriate for a church,” said George L. Kraus, vice president of the Buffalo Regional Right to Life Committee.

more…

But he said the group’s primary concern was with the church for allowing any entertainment, arguing that “there should never be conversation, laughing or applause” inside a church.

What the heck was the pastor thinking?

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Sometimes I just want to scream! we wonder why our culture is going straight to hell when we have shepherds handing their flock over to the wolves!

40.png
Trelow:
What the heck was the pastor thinking?

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Sometimes I just want to scream! we wonder why our culture is going straight to hell when we have shepherds handing their flock over to the wolves!
I agree and bishop Kmiec was just recently transfered to the Buffalo Diocese from the Nashville Diocese. This really surprises me as I am from the Nashville Diocese and would never have thought Bishop Kmiec would allow something like this. There has to be other ways to raise money than to compromise morality.
God bless.

Heres the thing, i dont see the BIG deal, i understand that it maybe wasnt the most brilliant of ideas, but i think its been blown out of proportion. Come on though no laughing, applause of conversation in church!?! Mass is a celebration so why not. and i think the diocean statement was right on target "

“We are all people of God, and everyone should be accepted with respect, compassion and sensitivity, without being judgmental,”

A chaste homosexual has no need to annouce they are gay. The agenda is the problem.

40.png
buffalo:
A chaste homosexual has no need to annouce they are gay. The agenda is the problem.
PRECISELY! Does being homosexual make you a better singer? What difference does their sexual practice make with respect to the show? Do we want to know the sexual practices of every chorus, every orchestra? The whole problem is the ‘in your face’ self identification by one’s genital practices. BLECH.

Lisa N

I wouldn’t protest if gay singer were chaste and among heterosexual singers but here it’s a chorus full of gays. they’re obviously trying to send us a message: they’re proud to be gays.

40.png
TarAshly:
Heres the thing, i dont see the BIG deal, i understand that it maybe wasnt the most brilliant of ideas, but i think its been blown out of proportion. Come on though no laughing, applause of conversation in church!?! Mass is a celebration so why not. and i think the diocean statement was right on target "

“We are all people of God, and everyone should be accepted with respect, compassion and sensitivity, without being judgmental,”
Gee, I guess you’re right. I’ve always wanted to walk into my *Catholic church * and pick up a program with the words Buffalo Gay Men’s Chorus and the Choir of the Unitarian-Universalist Church. :banghead:

Hello! Does the word SCANDAL set off any bells and whistles? :confused:

Outrage. Can wife-swappers have a chorous and sing in the Church and others be told not to be “judgemental”? BTW, celebration does not mean fun and games when speaking of the celebration of the Holy Sacrfice of the Mass. Celebration intends coming together not clapping and swinging our hips.

40.png
TarAshly:

Mass is a prayer. A reverent offering to God. Not a party. To degrade the sacred presence of Jesus in such a way is blasphemous. He truly is in the tabernacle ya know.

Be ye reverent before the KING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back