Pro-life Medical Professionals ... Pontius Pilates?

  • Thread starter Thread starter David_Paul
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

David_Paul

Guest
WorldNetDaily May 11, 2005 by Jill Stanek

Induced-labor abortion is one of the best-kept secrets within American hospitals. This heinous procedure is committed not only in abortion strongholds like New York City and Chicago, but also in unexpected places like Valparaiso, Ind., Lancaster, Pa., Waukesha, Wis., and Columbus, Ohio – and not just in public and secular hospitals, but also in protestant and Catholic hospitals.

I was shook recently when a traveling labor-and-delivery nurse told me she had never worked at a hospital that didn’t commit induced-labor abortion. I knew it was performed on a wider scale than publicly realized, but even I didn’t understand how pervasively.

When I stumbled on induced-labor abortion at the hospital where I worked, and objected, my two bosses (both Catholic) told me they didn’t develop the procedure, it had been around awhile. It turned out my hospital had committed induced-labor birth abortion for 20 years – incredibly, with no written policy.

I reflected on the thousands of nurses, doctors, medical students, residents, nursing assistants, cleaning personnel, pharmacists, department secretaries and chaplains who knew before me, but never said a word.

I became disgusted with staff around me who professed to be pro-life, but thought it was enough not to participate. Afraid to speak out and embarrassed when the hospital was publicly exposed, they defensively circled the wagons together with pro-aborts. A few even turned on me and said I should just shut up and leave.

It was as Oswald Chambers noted, “People who are totally consumed with idealistic principles rarely do anything.” He was right. These supposed pro-lifers thought it was enough not to do something. But it’s not.

Today, I am always amazed by pro-life medical professionals who approach me after one of my speeches to cluck their tongues at the miserable state of affairs, yet do not even know if their own hospital aborts, or worse, know and think that since they don’t participate or work in “that” department, it’s acceptable. But it’s not.

Pro-life medical professionals should consider it a prerequisite to check an institution’s abortion policy before accepting employment, something I naively didn’t do because my hospital was supposedly Christian.

If a hospital is involved in abortion, a pro-lifer should walk away – and say why. Working at a pro-abortion institution means a segment of one’s salary comes from the blood of abortion. And just physically being there – no matter where – frees up someone else to participate in the act.

The same holds true when applying to work for doctors, even those not involved in women’s health. They must be asked their position on abortion and euthanasia. It is foolish to think a pro-death heart specialist or pediatrician, for instance, will give the same conscientious care as a pro-lifer. The answer to the life question reveals whether someone’s morality and psyche are intact, or, as the Bible says, whether his or her “whole head is infected” (Isaiah 1:5).

If pro-life medical professionals would take this proactive step, we could shut down much of abortion without there ever having to be a change of law.

This is because there is a growing critical shortage of doctors and nurses. The Center for Nursing Advocacy reported, “The U.S. continues to face an aging nursing workforce and an explosion in the need for skilled nursing, as the baby boom generation starts to retire, and health care and care technology grow increasingly complex.” USA Today reported, “A shortage of physicians … will worsen as 79 million baby boomers reach retirement age and demand more medical care unless the nation starts producing more doctors.”

Note the irony that abortion has contributed to the shortage of health care workers.

If pro-life medical professionals would work solely for pro-life hospitals and doctors, we would force pro-abortion institutions to change their policies or go under. We would also strengthen pro-life medical institutions.

And if you’re reading this, and you work or have worked at a hospital committing induced-labor abortion, you should know the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services came out with a very strong statement on April 22 saying it would “aggressively enforce” the Born Alive Infants Protection Act, which would effectively stop the practice of induced-labor abortion. You must contact HHS and tell the people there what you know. Period.
 
**“All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.” Edmund Burke **
 
FWIW on Fr Pavone’s program a couple weeks ago, his guest the head of Life Dynamics said that many “women’s clinics” are having a very difficult time hiring and retaining staff. It has become less and less acceptable to be involved in abortion.

Lisa N
 
I received an email from the Catholic League last night. Apparently a Catholic hospital in Alaska was under fire from a non-Catholic prolife group about this procedure. The group appealed to the Vatican to halt the practice, and Bill D. was very upset about this. He assured his readers that this abortion procedure was in fact allowed by the Church.

catholicleague.org/05press_releases/quarter%202/050511_alaska.htm

I have a very bad feeling about this. In the past, I always gave the Catholic League the benefit of the doubt, but in this case, I might just have to read up on this issue for myself.
 
Can the church really accept this? From Catholicculture.org:

The method of abortion that Christ Hospital uses is called “induced labor abortion,” also now known as “live birth abortion.” This type of abortion can be performed different ways, but the goal always is to cause a pregnant woman’s cervix to open so that she will deliver a premature baby who dies during the birth process or soon afterward.

It is not uncommon for one of these live aborted babies to linger for an hour or two or even longer. One of them once lived for almost eight hours.

Nurse Stanek went on to give this example of one such “live birth abortion”

“I was recently told about a situation by a nurse who . . .had a patient who was 23+ weeks pregnant, and it did not look as if her baby would be able to continue to live inside of her. The baby was healthy and had up to a 39% chance of survival, according to national statistics. But the patient chose to abort. The baby was born alive. If the mother had wanted everything done for her baby, there would have been a neonatologist, pediatric resident, neonatal nurse, and respiratory therapist present for the delivery, and the baby would have been taken to our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit for specialized care.”

“Instead, the only personnel present for this delivery were an obstetrical resident and my co-worker. After delivery the baby, who showed early signs of thriving, was merely wrapped in a blanket and kept in the Labor & Delivery Department until she died 2-1/2 hours later.”

One might hope that if the Born Alive Infants Protection Act passes, the problem will be adverted. However, one cannot be sure. Partial Birth abortion has been around for about eight years now. It is, in reality, infanticide, and all the legislative efforts to stop it have failed.
 
40.png
Lurch104:
I received an email from the Catholic League last night. Apparently a Catholic hospital in Alaska was under fire from a non-Catholic prolife group about this procedure. The group appealed to the Vatican to halt the practice, and Bill D. was very upset about this. He assured his readers that this abortion procedure was in fact allowed by the Church.

catholicleague.org/05press_releases/quarter%202/050511_alaska.htm

I have a very bad feeling about this. In the past, I always gave the Catholic League the benefit of the doubt, but in this case, I might just have to read up on this issue for myself.
I have a bad feeling about this also…when I received this from Catholic League…I thought it might not be real…like it wasn’t really from them but a hacker or something…doesn’t sound right :confused:
 
I have now done just a bit of reading, and now I am mad. In my not so humble opinion, the Catholic league is DEAD wrong on this one!

worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=40465

…In addition to having “mental health” concerns, Fr. Jack O’Callahan, staff ethicist at Loyola, said they are trying “to ward off the physical complications of bringing to term a child who is not going to live anyway.”

I am only a beginning student in Catholic Ethics, but even I can see that this is a seriously disordered way of thinking. It seems to me like the Catholic League is only attempting to protect the Catholic name, but not our faith. Hopefully they will correct this oversite.
 
40.png
Lurch104:
I am so sad today after reading this.
Do you or another else know the Vatican position on this?

One of the things I most admire about the Catholic church is the teachings are definitive and so rationally explained even if I think I don’t agree with them at first, I do when I’m finished reading.
 
Death is death
killing is killing
abandonment is abandonment
selfishness is selfishness
Life is love
 
What exactly is an induced labor abortion? I haven’t heard of this procedure before. :confused:
 
40.png
rwoehmke:
What exactly is an induced labor abortion? I haven’t heard of this procedure before. :confused:
They first inject the baby with poison. Then they have the mother take labor-inducing drugs, so that she births a stillborn baby.

Dr. Tiller calls it the “premature delivery of a stillborn.”
 
Sgt Sweaters:
They first inject the baby with poison. Then they have the mother take labor-inducing drugs, so that she births a stillborn baby.

Dr. Tiller calls it the “premature delivery of a stillborn.”
Actually, they aren’t always done with the injection to have stillbirth. Sometimes, they just prematurely induce a live birth, ideally at a gestational age when the child is not expected to survive even if treated. Then they leave the kid alone to die. Well, now that “live birth abortion” has been exposed, they sometimes give it some “comfort care”. Certain hospitals have even created a nice and cute room for this. The nurses will now wrap you baby, hold it till it dies, take a picture if you like, and even do a baptism. Because hospitals are all about service. They care. Commonly done at many institutions across the country. That’s what Jill Stanek is talking about. She’s one of the key people who outted it from when she worked on an obstetrical ward at Christ.
 
Lisa N:
FWIW on Fr Pavone’s program a couple weeks ago, his guest the head of Life Dynamics said that many “women’s clinics” are having a very difficult time hiring and retaining staff. It has become less and less acceptable to be involved in abortion.

Lisa N
GREAT NEWS!!
Every night I pray that abortion clinics will close for lack of business, and that the staff will be converted.
This will encourage me to keep praying. If it is less acceptable to be involved in abortion, it must mean that abortion is becoming less acceptable generally.
I heard that most abortion ‘doctors’ are due to retire in the next two decades or so - OH LORD, HASTEN THE DAY! And that the young doctors are not interested in this career choice.
 
It’s important to pray for the closure of these clinics, but as you can tell by Jill Stanek RN’s stand, also the staff of the hospitals that perform these type of procedures resulting in the premature delivery and death of a baby need to be eliminated as well by proactive staffers. Let’s keep praying. I am also praying that cloning people will fail miserably. Then they will have to give up! One more thing, I am praying for is that only adult stem research will deliver results, not fetal stem cells…Anything is possible for God! Keep praying!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top