Pro-Life Pharmacy

  • Thread starter Thread starter Iheartcoffee
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Iheartcoffee

Guest
I have been in contact with avemariarx.com/ and I have a friend that uses them and she said their customer service is great. Does anyone else use pro-life pharmacies? They seem very few and far between. Lately I have been trying to only use pro-life doctors to support the culture of life. I rarely have to take medications so I don’t use pharmacies all that often to begin with, but I’m glad that there is one to use when I do need medicines. I feel like changing our culture is going to be done through a series of small steps. It will come down to being very mindful of where our money is going and who we are supporting in every facet of life, but especially medicine.
 
Independent pharmacies, at least in the US, have a tough economic road. The volume discounts which the big chain pharmacies receive often put the independent store at a competitive disadvantage.

I remember that a pro-life pharmacy in northern Virginia had to close a couple years ago because they just couldn’t attract enough customers. And this was despite being affiliated with large pro-life medical clinic and having a large Catholic population to draw upon.
catholicnewsagency.com/news/pro-life_pharmacy_in_d.c._area_closes_due_to_financial_difficulties/
 
Independent pharmacies, at least in the US, have a tough economic road. The volume discounts which the big chain pharmacies receive often put the independent store at a competitive disadvantage.

I remember that a pro-life pharmacy in northern Virginia had to close a couple years ago because they just couldn’t attract enough customers. And this was despite being affiliated with large pro-life medical clinic and having a large Catholic population to draw upon.
catholicnewsagency.com/news/pro-life_pharmacy_in_d.c._area_closes_due_to_financial_difficulties/
That’s another reason why I want to support them. Independent pharmacies have a tough enough time with competition, and I think it is really important to support family businesses. Top that off with the fact that a pro-life pharmacy is very much against the grain and not as likely to pull in the average secular consumer when he or she can just go to any one of 10,000 Walgreens in any given city.

I feel like we all have a duty to search for little ways to support our Faith in everything we do. If that means ordering my vitamins or my Epi-Pen via mail-order in 2 days rather than getting them in 15 minutes down the street at CVS I’m all for it. While secular options may be a bit more convenient sometimes, I want to know my money is going to the right people.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top