I think that if an argument isn’t logical, it does no good to post what a Pope says about it over and over. To my understanding contraception has been frowned upon in the past, but even in OT times it wasn’t against God’s law. I think the attitude towards it was a reflection of the times, in the same way that no decent woman would have dared to wear make-up through most of history unless she wanted to be branded as a trollop. For myself, I see God as a logical being Whom would make sure that things that could send you to Hell were spelled out plainly. All of the other grave sins are spelled out very clearly in the Bible or if not, a person can easily see how they would fall under the 10 commandments. Contraception was common knowledge even in Biblical times, so I find it very hard to believe that the Bible wouldn’t say plainly that hindering your fertility during intercourse is a sin if it were the type of sin that could cost you your soul. After all, God wants us to go to Heaven! As far as I know this is the one supposedly faith/morals sin that isn’t mentioned in the Bible at all and is Sacred Tradition alone. So anyhow, from a logical standpoint (and God IS logical) NFP and a barrier method of BC should be on the same moral footing. Now, is the Church wrong or are most other people wrong? I don’t know! For now I am focusing on the fact that every other thing about the Church makes sense and is scripturally sound and logical, and I’m praying that I will eventually come to a better understanding on the subject.