Profession in mental health field

  • Thread starter Thread starter Writer_for_God
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Writer_for_God

Guest
Hi,
Recently I have been trying to discern between three possible areas of work or vocation. I think I have determined to pursue a vocation in the mental health field, helping the healing and growth of people with mental illnesses, learning or developmental disabilities, special needs, cognitive issues, etc. When I listed my possible options, he told me the mental health vocation sounded like an inspiration from the Holy Spirit. I really think I could help a lot of people in this field. I can also write about it as well. But please pray for me to discern where and how to get an education in this field and find the niche God wants me to work in to help people with any kind of mental, emotional, psychological, or cognitive struggles.

Also, if you know any good philosophers and theologians who write about mental health, psychology, etc. please PM me.

Thank you all so much.
God bless you. Amen.
 
Praying to the Holy Spirit to give you guidance, direction, strength, fortitude & wisdom in your discernment.
 
Hi,
Recently I have been trying to discern between three possible areas of work or vocation. I think I have determined to pursue a vocation in the mental health field, helping the healing and growth of people with mental illnesses, learning or developmental disabilities, special needs, cognitive issues, etc. When I listed my possible options, he told me the mental health vocation sounded like an inspiration from the Holy Spirit. I really think I could help a lot of people in this field. I can also write about it as well. But please pray for me to discern where and how to get an education in this field and find the niche God wants me to work in to help people with any kind of mental, emotional, psychological, or cognitive struggles.

Also, if you know any good philosophers and theologians who write about mental health, psychology, etc. please PM me.

Thank you all so much.
God bless you. Amen.
Oh please do pursue mental health profession!!! :bounce:

We need you SO much. It’s hard enough to find a Christian mental health professional, let alone a CATHOLIC!

As one who has benefited immeasurably from those in the mental health field (I have severe OCD and chronic anxiety and depression issues,) I beg you to please, PLEASE, seriously consider this field. It will require a servant’s heart though. Although immensely rewarding, it can be extremely exhausting and difficult at times. It must be something you feel strongly about and dedicated to. God bless your discernment! :gopray:
 
Praying for you. I will send you a PM as soon as I have the time. :)👍
 
praying for your discernment in your future vocation and for guidance from the Holy Spirit.
 
Praying that you understand well the pro and cons and take the correct leap 👍
 
Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

†

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

†

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

†
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top