M
magdelaine
Guest
I have seen this question answered in a previous thread but I was wondering if I could have it addressed again.
I’m soon to be forty and after my last baby my cycles have finally resumed. We are avoiding pregnancy because my husband is taking Methyltrexate for arthritis and it is deforming of chromosomes, especially those of sperm and ova. The good news is that I have a definite fertile period as defined by CM for the first time in my life.
The bad news is that this last cycle I commenced spotting the day after my peak day and started my period about a week later. This is not unfamiliar to me; I had clear signs of low progesterone production between child number two and three and was able to maintain pregnancy of number 3 through using progesterone cream.
I’m now very much in favor of using progesterone cream once again. There are two ways to use it; every day if not wanting to get pregnant and just after ovulation if you do. It is not a contreceptive but there is a chance that it would make conception less likely if used everyday. I would like to use it every day because I have ADD and anything that is not done pretty much the same way either every day or every week I have a hard time with either remembering to do or doing consistently. However, we’re committed to using NFP for preventing pregnancy. I consider it a positive side benefit if the overall chances of conception are reduced (because Methyltrexate would be really bad for the baby concieved) but it’s obviously not the main reason I want to use the cream.
Can you all help me know if PDE applies? Should I talk to my priest about this?
Thanks!
I’m soon to be forty and after my last baby my cycles have finally resumed. We are avoiding pregnancy because my husband is taking Methyltrexate for arthritis and it is deforming of chromosomes, especially those of sperm and ova. The good news is that I have a definite fertile period as defined by CM for the first time in my life.
I’m now very much in favor of using progesterone cream once again. There are two ways to use it; every day if not wanting to get pregnant and just after ovulation if you do. It is not a contreceptive but there is a chance that it would make conception less likely if used everyday. I would like to use it every day because I have ADD and anything that is not done pretty much the same way either every day or every week I have a hard time with either remembering to do or doing consistently. However, we’re committed to using NFP for preventing pregnancy. I consider it a positive side benefit if the overall chances of conception are reduced (because Methyltrexate would be really bad for the baby concieved) but it’s obviously not the main reason I want to use the cream.
Can you all help me know if PDE applies? Should I talk to my priest about this?
Thanks!