I will honestly never understand the argument that says any music with a strong beat is inherently evil. Whether it is rock, classical, shoegaze, or even victorian influenced industrial music, I react in a strongly passionate way because of my disposition towards music. For instance, when I was young child, I would become enthralled with the sound of Flight of the Bumblebees much the same way I would with a metal song now, and in both cases, there is nothing sexual or disordered about it. Any good music ought evoke a strong emotional reaction or prompt the listener to admire the beauty of what he hears. For instance, I’ve been brought to tears listening to Palestrina, but I’ve had similar reactions listening to the black metal influenced post-punk of the French band Amesoeurs. I think people who criticize a type of music as evil should be familiar with more than just the bands played on the radio. Palestrina helps me to realize the beauty of God, and Amesoeurs helps me cope with spiritual desolation of modernity. I believe both of these have their place in the Catholic life.