S
slh3016
Guest
In a conversation with my {obstinate, Protestant} brother-in-law last night, he brought up some readings that he’d done concerning the Eucharist and adamantly stated that in his opinion that Jesus’ Bread of Life discourse in John 6 WAS NOT related to the Last Supper. Off hand, we did not have any resources available to us to show him this error, because we had been basing our argument solely from what we are learning from Catholic sources (i.e., Scott Hahn, Brant Pitre, etc.).
Can someone point me to resources that can conclusively show the connection between the two as well as answer the questions of whether or not the Last Supper was a Passover Seder meal. Scott Hahn believes it is, but is that the official teaching of the Church? Are there differing opinions? Do any of the church fathers refer to a) the connection between John 6 and the Eucharist and/or the Last Supper, and b) the Seder meal.
Also, I saw a Journey Home broadcast recently on youtube in which the interviewee talked about Jesus entering Jerusalem on the 10th day of Nisan (the day the lambs were brought in for Passover), Pilate declaring “I find no fault in him” on the day the lambs would have approved or disapproved as a sacrifice, and Jesus being on the cross at the same time the approved lambs were being slaughtered. However, I have been unable to find that exact broadcast again and would like to know where I can read more about this because my husband and I were floored when we heard this.
Thanks so much!
Can someone point me to resources that can conclusively show the connection between the two as well as answer the questions of whether or not the Last Supper was a Passover Seder meal. Scott Hahn believes it is, but is that the official teaching of the Church? Are there differing opinions? Do any of the church fathers refer to a) the connection between John 6 and the Eucharist and/or the Last Supper, and b) the Seder meal.
Also, I saw a Journey Home broadcast recently on youtube in which the interviewee talked about Jesus entering Jerusalem on the 10th day of Nisan (the day the lambs were brought in for Passover), Pilate declaring “I find no fault in him” on the day the lambs would have approved or disapproved as a sacrifice, and Jesus being on the cross at the same time the approved lambs were being slaughtered. However, I have been unable to find that exact broadcast again and would like to know where I can read more about this because my husband and I were floored when we heard this.
Thanks so much!