Proof that sola scriptura is not true

  • Thread starter Thread starter jennyhay
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wayne,

Where is this in scripture? Which Gospel? Which verses? Explicit? Point me there…maybe I’ve missed them. Implicit? Show us using formal logic and verses.

By the way, do you have scriptural evidence to support that “Some God-breathed things are sufficient” and all other “God-breathed things” are not?

I seek more feedback on my “deductive reasoning”. I’ve proved that “All Scripture is insufficient” using 2nd Tim…of course it all rests upon the Major premise…the axiom.

(Barbara syllogism):

(True) Major Premise: All God breathed things are insufficient
(True) Minor Premise: All Scripture is God breathed
(True) Conclusion: All Scripture is insufficient

Most of us are truth seekers here…I am…and I’m open to reading responses from “Scripture sufficient believers” and/or Catholics to show us where in Scripture does it say that, “Some God-breathed things are sufficient”…which is the negation of the Major premise.

If someone can prove using scripture that the negation of the Major Premise is TRUE…then the above syllogism I have posted cannot make its conclusion.

Thanks for the feedback and for sticking with me with this logical proof or disproof of Scripture insufficienty, which in way relates to SS:)
Hmm…Ok what about going the other way.:rolleyes:

Any SS believers or Protestant or Catholic amateur logicians up for proving SS is true and that “All Scripture is sufficient”?? But as you prove, prove logically…use 2nd Timothy “All Scripture is God-breathed” and deductive reasoning, that is a valid syllogism.

Any takers? Thanks for the feedback.👍
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top