Protestant Attacks Catholic Exorcism

  • Thread starter Thread starter NormalBeliever
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Merry Christmas whoever you are.

I do believe you have broken a signing up rule here on Catholic Answers. Ken Miller is a respected scientist. I do have a problem with your attempt to use his name here on a Catholic website. You are not the respected scientist Ken Miller. I am outraged that you would use his name here.

Please evaluate your position and correct it yourself now.

I will seek help from the moderators if you refuse to do the right thing on your own behalf. Just know that I am watching you.
Is this a joke ?

There is many more than one Ken Miller in the world - agreed?

I pray for you
 
From the Catholic Encyclopedia:
Christ also empowered the Apostles and Disciples to cast out demons in His name while He Himself was still on earth (Matthew 10:1 and 8; Mark 6:7; Luke 9:1; 10:17), and to believers generally He promised the same power (Mark 16:17). But the efficacy of this delegated power was conditional, as we see from the fact that the Apostles themselves were not always successful in their exorcisms: certain kinds of spirits, as Christ explained, could only be cast out by prayer and fasting (Matthew 17:15, 20; Mark 9:27-28; Luke 9:40). In other words the success of exorcism by Christians, in Christ’s name, is subject to the same general conditions on which both the efficacy of prayer and the use of charismatic power depend. Yet conspicuous success was promised (Mark 16:17). St. Paul (Acts 16:18; 19:12), and, no doubt, the other Apostles and Disciples, made use of regularly, as occasion arose, of their exorcising power, and the Church has continued to do so uninterruptedly to the present day.
Source: Toner, Patrick. “Exorcism.” The Catholic Encyclopedia. Vol. 5. New York: Robert Appleton Company, 1909. 15 Jan. 2015 http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/05709a.htm. (Emphasis mine)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top