Protestant Debate on RC Authority

• Thread starter Thread starter Magnificat
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Magnificat

Attention all of you amateur and not-so-amateur apologists: there is a protestant-sponsored site called apologetics.com that has mostly prostestants on the forum, but has recently had some Catholics defending the Faith. They have a thread that has the largest number of posts ever for their forum and it is called “The Authority of the RC Church” it is quite a lengthy debate and could really use some well-seasoned apologists to Defend the Holy Roman Catholic Church. You can see from reading the threads that the discussion has caused a lot of Protestants to put away some misconceptions about Catholicism, but the issue of Authority needs to be cleared up so maybe some lost sheep can return Home. Go to apologetics.com, click on discussion, then general discussion, then the authority of the rc church. You will see how Catholic Answers (yeah!) has even been frequently used as a reference.
Thanks Catholic Answers for this awesome forum and all that you do!!!

wohh, that debate is way too huge for me to just jump into! plus, it looks like it’s in good hands.

hehe, i think i’m gonna pass.

IMHO I think it’s worthless to get involved in debates such as this one…
Debates should be limited to two individuals in a question and answer format or it just turns out to be a circuitous mega-dump of words and arguing…

<< or it just turns out to be a circuitous mega-dump of words and arguing… >>

I agree, one on one is best, unless all participants have worthwhile things to note. Then it becomes an interesting discussion. For example, most of the posters on Greg Krehbiel’s board all have helpful things to contribute, from different perspectives, on the various topics brought up.

But the fewer the people that contribute, I agree the easier it is to follow. Especially if you read this board in “linear mode” rather than “threaded” or outline format. I’ll check out that long debate you mentioned on apologetics.com

Phil P

Lets go there to rebuke and rebuff and exhort?

Ti 2:15 “Say these things. Exhort and correct with all authority. Let no one look down on you.”

2 Tim 3:14-17 “But you, remain faithful to what you have learned and believed, because you know from whom you learned it, 15 and that from infancy you have known (the) sacred scriptures, which are capable of giving you wisdom for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. 16 All scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, for refutation, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17 so that one who belongs to God may be competent, equipped for every good work.”

Malachi4U

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back