Protestant Forum I Checked Out

• Thread starter Thread starter Hope1960
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hope1960

I took a look at the CARM forums and these people are soooooooooo hostile toward Catholics. I knew anti-Catholicism existed but these people are just so rude.

The argument that seems to come up the most is they keep insisting Catholicism is man made. Despite attending a Catholic school for 8 years with a “Religion” class but not Catechism class, most of what I’ve learned about our Faith has come from online, including CAF.

So…my question. How do we know that our Faith is the first Christian Church and really does go back to Jesus Himself, and St.Peter?

Hating Catholics is the new “in” thing. We are also a threat to their ministries and missions. Their ministries stress tithing (giving 10% of your earnings to their church) so it’s also an economic battle. But look at these numbers:

Salt Lake City, Utah: 500 converts from LDS (mormon) to Catholic per year

Brazil: 32,000 converts from Catholic to LDS (mormon) per year

Last edited:
Carm might be Calvinist and maybe that has something to do with it. shrug

Maybe they blame Doctrine such as losing your salvation on the Catholic Church.

Hmmm. Wonder what the population of Brazil is vs the population of Salt Lake City.

Why do so many people on that site dislike us so much?
Perhaps it has something to do with religious wars, when “Protestants” or people with a viewpoint that differs from the RC POV, were burned at the stake. It is not that much fun to be tied to a stake and have maggots crawling over you and then they burn you? And they point to Tyndale, who was burned at the stake after translating the Bible into English.
On January 21, 1535, in the aftermath of “The Affair of the Placards,” French Protestants were burned at the stake in front of the Cathedral of Notre Dame in Paris. During the reign of Catholic Mary I of England (1553–1558), there were more than 100 Protestants burned at the stake.

Last edited:
Perhaps it has something to do with religious wars, when “Protestants” or people with a viewpoint that differs from the RC POV, were burned at the stake. It is not that much fun to be tied to a stake and have maggots crawling over you and then they burn you? And they point to Tyndale, who was burned at the stake after translating the Bible into English.
On January 21, 1535, in the aftermath of “The Affair of the Placards,” French Protestants were burned at the stake in front of the Cathedral of Notre Dame in Paris. During the reign of Catholic Mary I of England (1553–1558), there were more than 100 Protestants burned at the stake.
Is that all true?

Is that all true?
I think so? Anyone should be able to check it in the history books - or even online. Please see: Sleidan, book ix, p 175 for the aftermath of the Affair of the Placards in France.
Meanwhile in England, Mary I is said to have executed 290 Protestants.

I read a little it about this and it’s revolting. I never knew all of this.

As if there is nothing said here about proving “Protestants” wrong, whatever that really means. You can’t even get close to lumping them all in one basket. Yes, I’m sure that there are some that are rude and combative, but would you claim that never happens here? I’ve seen more than a few intolerant comments, nasty tropes, and outright bigotry here. It’s nearly impossible to login to this site and not see a thread about how to prove some group wrong.

Why all the infighting? Highly conservative or bleeding edge liberal churches and every theology in between have a common foe; secularism, agnostics, and atheism. You know I’d much rather see someone loosely attached to a mega church than one christian wasting time incessantly proving some other wrong. Even non-Christians practicing other religious know there is something bigger than them. Spend your time demonstrating what belief in Christ can bring to your life.

Last edited:
I think the hatred on CARM is worse than what I’ve read here. Maybe our mods are just more on the ball.

So…my question. How do we know that our Faith is the first Christian Church and really does go back to Jesus Himself, and St.Peter?
Back to my OP, does anyone else have anything to say with regards to my question?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back