S
spina1953
Guest
Hi Church Militant: OK Bit I seem to remember that some time ago, maybe a years or so you did not use such a large font. So was wondering. Not complaining.Not everyone has 20/20 vision…
Hi Church Militant: OK Bit I seem to remember that some time ago, maybe a years or so you did not use such a large font. So was wondering. Not complaining.Not everyone has 20/20 vision…
Time passes…Hi Church Militant: OK Bit I seem to remember that some time ago, maybe a years or so you did not use such a large font. So was wondering. Not complaining.
Hi Church Militant: Understood. I do like your posts and I do learn something every time a read them. Thanks for your posts.Time passes…
Here is a common Protestant heresy:A protestant friend of mine posted a Christianity Today article on facebook.
christianitytoday.com/ct/2014/october-web-only/new-poll-finds-evangelicals-favorite-heresies.html
Any protestant heresies I can mention in the comment section?
Indeed. We mothers are not mothers of divided beings. We are mothers of human beings.Here is a common Protestant heresy:
Mary was just an incubator, the mother of his humanity only. Mary was not the Mother of God.
Hi Randy.Here is a common Protestant heresy:
Mary was just an incubator, the mother of his humanity only. Mary was not the Mother of God.
Jon24 On account of this personal union and communion of the natures, Mary, the most blessed Virgin, bore not a mere man, but, as the angel [Gabriel] testifies, such a man as is truly the Son of the most high God, who showed His divine majesty even in His mother’s womb, inasmuch as He was born of a virgin, with her virginity inviolate. Therefore she is truly the mother of God, and nevertheless remained a virgin.
You must have only one child because once you have more than one, they always seem to be divided over one thing or another. The beings in my house always were.Indeed. We mothers are not mothers of divided beings. We are mothers of human beings.
And this is why I have such great hope for you, Jon.Hi Randy.
This is why I dislike the word “protestant” the way it is used today.
I know you know this, but for those who don’t, from the Lutheran Confessions
Jon
You must have only one child because once you have more than one, they always seem to be divided over one thing or another. The beings in my house always were.![]()
Fascinating since I served under two pastors and we never heard any such thing and never anything about the Apostles Creed
I will point out that ‘protestants’ are rather diverse:
Our little Lutheran children have to recite from memory the Apostles, Nicene and Athanasian creeds before confirmation.
The worst heresy that I suffer from (that I know of) is that I think I can rely on myself for wisdom rather than on God for his salvation.
This is contrary to Church teaching. Our catechism, which is the “sure norm” for the faith, declares: “However, one cannot charge with the sin of the separation those who at present are born into these communities [that resulted from such separation] and in them are brought up in the faith of Christ, and the Catholic Church accepts them with respect and affection as brothers. . . . All who have been justified by faith in Baptism are incorporated into Christ; they therefore have a right to be called Christians, and with good reason are accepted as brothers in the Lord by the children of the Catholic Church.”-CCC 818All protestants are heretics and schismatics. All members of the orthodox sect are also schismatics. They may not know it, but objectively speaking, that is what they are.
Thanks for that. Lutherans are so close to us that we can always hope and pray that you come back into communion.I will point out that ‘protestants’ are rather diverse:
Our little Lutheran children have to recite from memory the Apostles, Nicene and Athanasian creeds before confirmation.
The worst heresy that I suffer from (that I know of) is that I think I can rely on myself for wisdom rather than on God for his salvation.
They’re still heretics… Arius was a Christian, he believed in Christ. He was still a heretic… We call the people that have been born into protestantism our brothers because many actually think that they are following/worshipping Christ.This is contrary to Church teaching. Our catechism, which is the “sure norm” for the faith, declares: “However, one cannot charge with the sin of the separation those who at present are born into these communities [that resulted from such separation] and in them are brought up in the faith of Christ, and the Catholic Church accepts them with respect and affection as brothers. . . . All who have been justified by faith in Baptism are incorporated into Christ; they therefore have a right to be called Christians, and with good reason are accepted as brothers in the Lord by the children of the Catholic Church.”-CCC 818
It would be the height of irony if, in posting this, Unam Ecclesiam was refusing to submit to this teaching of our Church–for that would make him, by his own statement, a heretic.
If it were true what he had posted, of course.
Fortunately, what was posted by Unam Ecclesiam is incorrect.
Nope.They’re still heretics…
Yep.Arius was a Christian, he believed in Christ. He was still a heretic…
Indeed.We call the people that have been born into protestantism our brothers because many actually think that they are following/worshipping Christ.
It’s only true if the leave the CC since most are born into whatever Protestant denomination, they are not heretics. Also it is not what the CCC says about it.They’re still heretics… Arius was a Christian, he believed in Christ. He was still a heretic… We call the people that have been born into protestantism our brothers because many actually think that they are following/worshipping Christ.
Cannon 4 in the Council of Trent of the Canon on Baptism says: “If anyone says that the baptism which is given by heretics in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, with the intention of doing what the Church does, is not true baptism,[12] let him be anathema.”Nope.
That’s not what our catechism says.
To be a heretic one has to have been Catholic, and then rejected the Apostolic faith.
Yep.
Indeed.
Amen!Cannon 4 in the Council of Trent of the Canon on Baptism says: “If anyone says that the baptism which is given by heretics in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, with the intention of doing what the Church does, is not true baptism,[12] let him be anathema.”
Indeed. They were Catholics who rejected the faith they were baptized in, and then became Protestants.The heretics dealt with in the Council of Trent were protestants.
Even if the CCC doesn’t call them that, it doesn’t change what they are. Look up the word heretic. From the Catholic Encyclopedia:
“The nineteenth ecumenical council opened at Trent on 13 December, 1545, and closed there on 4 December, 1563. Its main object was the definitive determination of the doctrines of the Church in answer to the heresies of the Protestants”.
and later:
“The dogma of justification brought up for debate one of the fundamental questions which had to be discussed with reference to the heretics of the sixteenth century, and which in itself presented great difficulties.”
once more:
Amen!“To the chapters on penance were added fifteen canons condemning heretical teachings on this point, and four canons condemning heresies to the chapters on unction.”
No doubt. If they intend to preach it as heresy.People that preach heresy are heretics. Just because you don’t call them that, doesn’t mean that they’re not.