Protestant kids having visions

• Thread starter Thread starter Patrick2000
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Patrick2000

There are these visions/dreams that object Catholic beliefs and support protestant beliefs (like the rapture) from children of protestant families. It makes me wonder is there any kids from Catholic families from our modern-day time who have visions/dreams that support Catholic beliefs because I am not finding much of them.

Here is an example of a protestant kid having a dream of the rapture

You could also find many kids on youtube that have visions that support protestant beliefs but not catholic.

Those ‘visions’ are NOT from God. Take that to the bank.

Catholic children?

Read about Saint Bernadette Soubirous.

You can even share your own kids visions/dreams and that can also include your own visions/dreams.

Kids have imaginations. Also, if kids sense that their parents would like them to have visions/ dreams, kids will have visions/ dreams.

Unlike the Catholic Church, the Protestants do not have any process for investigating these visions to see what’s going on. These kids could be making it up or mentally ill for all we know.

We have plenty of Catholic visionaries. They’re called “saints”. St. Therese and St. Dominic Savio are two that reportedly had visions when they were children. There are many others.

The Catholic Church does not tend to make a big deal out of visions, or kids having visions. It’s not considered a proof of our faith or an advertisement for our faith. The saints are canonized because they led holy lives and in most cases the visions are just considered to be a charism (gift) they have.

Last edited:
First of all, I sincerely doubt Jesus looks like Richard Manuel.

Second, many of the details she claims to have seen contradict the Biblical teaching about the rapture, the resurrection of the dead, the Lake of Fire, the physical body of Jesus, etc.

Third, a dream is not necessarily a “vision” in the Biblical sense. I don’t see how this was a vision.

Fourth, why is she telling about Heaven when Paul wrote that even he was forbidden from telling about Heaven?

A little girl had a pleasant dream. Let’s just leave it at that.

An example of a vision is what the children saw at Fatima, followed by the miracle witnessed by tens of thousands of people. You should hear some of the stuff my kids dream about!

Wasn’t there just an article on Slate yesterday about “the boy who claimed to visit heaven recants”? It was a thing about a kid in a car accident; he was internally decapitated; but he survived. And his father put together a book about his past and current experiences. But as time passed, the kid distanced himself from the situation, and so people aren’t sure as to whether the Dad was making something up to get attention and profit, or whether the kid was making something up to get attention, and it got out of his control.

But ultimately, the “extra” stuff shouldn’t make a difference. If you get a present from God, that’s great, and you should treasure it, but it’s not necessary. But the same kind of detachment from your experiences and others should protect you from everything that isn’t from God— whether it’s just a nice dream, or whether it’s a charlatan, or whether it’s demonic, or whether it’s wishful thinking. If there’s something useful, find the useful.

But yes, I think at least one of my kids had two Experiences when he was three years old. (Roughly within a 24-hour period.) And since it happened when he was three, and due to the circumstances of that time period, I’m not sure if it was a message for me, but I wasn’t good enough to get the message directly, if that makes sense? But stuff from God usually has lots of layers to it. And you can go crazy trying to figure stuff out, because you’re limited by your senses.

So-- you say “Thank you” and get on with life, and try to be the person God wants you to be.

There are these visions/dreams that object Catholic beliefs and support protestant beliefs (like the rapture) from children of protestant families. It makes me wonder is there any kids from Catholic families from our modern-day time who have visions/dreams that support Catholic beliefs because I am not finding much of them.

Here is an example of a protestant kid having a dream of the rapture
I think it is a mistake to place too much emphasis on visions or dreams or other forms of subjective revelation. These kinds of things should always be tested by scripture. Also, this is not a strictly Protestant phenomenon, it is actually a very common Catholic phenomenon as well. Take for example the appearances of the Lady of Fatima. We could argue on whether those originated from God or not. A good rule of thumb is that private revelation should always be tested against scripture.

When our daughter was two years old she told us that she had a dream of God. When my wife asked her what God looked like, she said “He looked like an angel but he was in love.” Two years old. True story.

KIds have “visions” and dreams of the things they have been taught. Rapture stuff is a constant conversation in some Protestant arenas and kids absorb it.

When I was a kid, every time there was a red moon I was afraid that the rapture was taking place right then (moon will turn to blood was taught).

When the clouds would look a certain way with sunbeams breaking through, I expected to see Jesus coming back on those clouds.

I would lie in bed and weep praying for my family members who were “not saved” that they would be saved before the rapture.

I could talk the book of Revelations in great detail with anyone by the age of 10.

Yeah, kids are steeped in that culture and it bleeds into every part of their life.

I think it is a mistake to place too much emphasis on visions or dreams or other forms of subjective revelation.
In these branches of rapture believing dispensationalists, Joel chapter 2 and Acts chapter 2 passages that “your old men will dream dream and your young men will have visions” are memorized and preached constantly. Kids are almost expected to have visions.

In these branches of rapture believing dispensationalists, Joel chapter 2 and Acts chapter 2 passages that “your old men will dream dream and your young men will have visions” are memorized and preached constantly. Kids are almost expected to have visions.
I agree, but I frequently see the same kind of encouragement to have such spiritual personal revelations in your own faith tradition. Think of all the Marian apparitions or otherwise angelic apparitions for example that usually come hand in hand with some sort of divine revelation. I think we would all be prudent to be cautious and have a healthy skepticism of such personal revelations.

Last edited:
Amen. Fr Groeschel’s book on private revelations is priceless.

40.png
TheLittleLady:
I agree, but I frequently see the same kind of encouragement to have such spiritual personal revelations in your own faith tradition. Think of all the Marian apparitions or otherwise angelic apparitions for example that usually come hand in hand with some sort of divine revelation. I think we would all be prudent to be cautious and have a healthy skepticism of such personal revelations.
Yes, and this is why the Catholic Church has such a process for approving private revelations.

I am a confessional Lutheran, not Catholic. I would say our end times beliefs are probably the same as
the Catholic Church, in that we don’t believe in a pre-tribulational Rapture along the lines of the
“Left Behind” series.
Having read through this account, I don’t see anything in it that is strictly Protestant, and I don’t see
anything in the account that points to a Pre-tribulational Rapture. On the contrary, this account seems
very similar to the Last Day, or Judgement day in the Bible, most especially as she describes people coming out of their graves and the world dissolving into fire.
Having said that, I agree with what Midori posted, and I’m skeptical of most dreams, visions, etc. and I’m aware of the recent one where the young boy recanted. I know the RCC teaches that a faithful Catholic does not have to believe in any of the apparitions, even the approved ones, only the Dogmas of the faith.
Protestantism seems to be divided between groups that are charismatic and accepts dreams visions miracles, etc. and those that are suspicious of such. My church is in the latter.
That being said two of my children had end time dreams, my oldest said he had a dream in which huge hailstones were falling but “Jesus reached his arms out and protected us.” and then saw a huge cross in the sky.
My youngest had a dream in which a clock read 11:58 and I was telling him at 12:00 Jesus would come back.
Jesus’ bodily resurrection and return and the Last Day is discussed in our Church and Schools but not
constantly and we do not have a “Rapture” theology.
In the case of this young girl-likely just a dream-but one that has a good message.

Last edited:
When our daughter was two years old she told us that she had a dream of God. When my wife asked her what God looked like, she said “He looked like an angel but he was in love.” Two years old. True story.
So did she received any visions after that? This question may sound pointless but are you Catholic?

see the same kind of encouragement to have such spiritual personal revelations in your own faith tradition.
If anything I have only read that they should not be sought. Really it is only if God wills them, but maybe you are talking about some people who put to much confidence in these types of things.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back