Protestant Ministers

• Thread starter Thread starter system
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

system

Do protestants who study at bible colleges or other such institutions waste their time because God has no desire to perpetuate the errors of these heretical denominations?

I think not.God has a plan for us.
If we look at the number of converts who have been protestant ministers Scott Hahn, Marcus Grodi, Michael Cumby etc- I think it sets them up to come into the church. They know the scriptures. They are passionate about Jesus. When they see the truth of Jesus’s Church found in scripture and in history crossing the Tiber is very appealing.

40.png
teri:
I think not.God has a plan for us.
If we look at the number of converts who have been protestant ministers Scott Hahn, Marcus Grodi, Michael Cumby etc- I think it sets them up to come into the church. They know the scriptures. They are passionate about Jesus. When they see the truth of Jesus’s Church found in scripture and in history crossing the Tiber is very appealing.

Of course not. As it has been said the Catholic Church see as good all things in other denominations and religions that are true and honor God. Many separated Christians are 80% or more correct in their beliefs. I always look at protestants as not wrong but incomplete. Granted there are some teachings in some parts of protestantism that are wrong but for the most part they are just incomplete.

I definitely wouldn’t say that going to a Bible college is a waste of time. I have many Protestant friends, one of whom attended a nearby Bible college, and I’ve found him to be one of the most Christian people I have ever met. Every day he demonstrates Christian life and I believe he lives as Jesus would want us to live. He is very active in his church and recently he went to Russia to try to save a 14 year old girl from an orphanage.

He related some of his experiences to me over there with tears in his eyes, and I was touched not only by his stories but by his reaction; this Protestant, sad to say, experiences the faith more fully than many Catholics. My prayer for him and his family is that they find the Catholic Church and bring their fellow Christians with them! He/they know the Bible, they accept Catholicism as a valid Christian religion (we all know that some denominations do not) and somehow, at work among many non-religious people, we have a bond that goes beyond our attending training and getting tattoos together. (long story, but not a deranged or sinful one! :-))

Anyway I also know other Protestants, some of whom come from other countries, who have claimed me, fully knowing that I am Catholic, as a “Sister in Christ.”

Overall, I do find good Protestants to be wonderful people, great friends, and pray that they find the same faith we did…their love for Jesus and worship would be such an asset to the Church and I feel that they help others understand through their own experiences and study some of the mysteries all of our souls long to understand.

I realize this sounds sappy, but sometimes we Catholics almost have an “us against them”’ mentality, but for the most part, Protestants are just Catholics who haven’t heard the full message! We should accept them as “Brothers and Sisters in Christ” just as they accept us and understand that God has a plan for them as well.

I fully believe God knew that Protestantism would develop and that it is part of his plan for the world…and in fact, as someone already brought up, look at what Protestant converts to Catholicism have already done!

There are no coincidences…sometimes it’s good to just sit back and watch God work. I honestly think God does things just to see if we figure it out!

Protestants are still Christians and they are our seperated bretheren. So I don’t see why it would be a waste of their time to attend Bible College. It’s not as if they all know without a doubt that they have learned and are learning some false doctrines and they are insisting on learning them anyway.

“the errors of these heretical denominations”
Are they acctually heretical? What exactly makes someone a heretic and makes a teaching heretical?

Its better than not studying Scripture…

I know many Protestants who have brought others to Christ. It may not be a complete picture, but their lives are dedicated to Jesus, and thats good in my book.

I attended a Bible college and met my husband there. I wouldn’t say it was a complete waste of my time. 🙂

However I find it does give me some credibility when I am questioned on my new faith. If they (Protestants) know I went to X Bible School they know that I know their doctrines and interpretations inside and out. They can’t use the excuse that I didn’t know what I was doing or what I was leaving behind when I became reconciled to The Church.

dream wanderer

NorthernBrother:
Do protestants who study at bible colleges or other such institutions waste their time because God has no desire to perpetuate the errors of these heretical denominations?
I dont think it a waist of time. Maybe what they learn is wrong, and that is totally debatable, they often serve others and that never ever ever is a waist of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back