M
mattwcu
Guest
Did I not say…
?we leave it up to God.
?we leave it up to God.
Agreed.I think it would be unwise to say that Protestants don’t go or cannot go to heaven.
Actually you said it requires an act of perfect contrition, which may or may not be true. However your smug attitude speaks volumes. You must not be a convert, as it does not seem that you know any truly holy Protestants.Did I not say…
?
mattwcu: (Post #12)I know that we will. Not everyone who claims the title “Catholic” is in Christ. There are some who are in Christ that appear to be outside the Church. I, for one, am not holy enough to declare the Protestants have the door closed to them.
Regarding your ad hominem attacks against me, I will not respond. This conversation, for my part, is over. I mean it this time.Carl - you absolutely do not know. You claim you are not holy enough to know that you won’t, but you claim you know you will?
And … Emperor Constantine was Catholic, albeit he was only baptised shortly before his death. That was customary in those days among soldiers like him, by the way. Due to the reservations the Church had at the time about the morality of soldiering as a profession.LilyM,
I believe the closest anyone ever came to being worthy of sainthood was the Emperor Constantine the Great. He is actually considered a saint in many eastern and orthodox rites, but not in the Latin Rite Church.
As far as canonizations, those are the most frequently used infallible statements. ALL proclamations that a person is a saint, is, by definition, an infallable proclamation. That is the only instance where Christ’s Church on Earth makes a definitive statement about the state of one’s soul. And note that it is only in the positive sense - he or she IS in heaven.
The Church has never infallibly proclaimed that someone is in Hell.
I can appreciate your viewpoint, IOW, as mortals in the Church Militant, all Saints are on a level. However, in Heaven, as with the Angels, I suppose even the Saints enjoy a certain hierarchy, as Jesus Himself often spoke of the Least and Greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven. But it should not surprise us if the great in the Kingdom of Heaven were wretched nobodies on earth.And … Emperor Constantine was Catholic, albeit he was only baptised shortly before his death. That was customary in those days among soldiers like him, by the way. Due to the reservations the Church had at the time about the morality of soldiering as a profession.
Great as he was, I think EVERY Saint is great, even the most obscure, since they enjoy the glories of Heaven. I just don’t see there being any hierarchy among them. :nope:
Friend, of course we can know that. Otherwisw we would be of the opinion that every non-Catholic since Luter has gone to hell. IMPOSSIBLE!=mattwcu;6904395]You can’t know that. You can only hope that.
Love of truth is not necessarily all that would be necessary for sainthood.She seems to love Truth…
living truth is what i meant…Love of truth is not necessarily all that would be necessary for sainthood.
Understood.living truth is what i meant…
Jesus is truth incarnate
Understood.
But then I have to wonder something.
If the fullness of truth can be found in the Catholic church, then how could someone live the truth outside of the church?