L
Lampo
Guest
SS…I’m very interested in your answers to my questions in post #13. They are in the last paragraph. Thanks. BTW, do you know when the term sola scriptura was first used?
Sarcasm.Since you are the virtue cop
Surely not. But your discourse does not come from a spirit of humility. There is always an essence of anger and mean-spiritedness in your words. I am not reading your heart. I am seeing anger reflected in your communications.Also in order to say my statement was prideful you would have to be able to see my heart. The last time I read the Scriptures it says only God could see the heart. Have you been given that gift?
How do you decide who to believe on predestination? The Molinist or the Thomist or some other group in Catholicism? If you answer that question I’m sure you would go about it the same way in reference to the question you asked me.Whom should I believe? You or them?
Not one body for all Protestants, because they are different denominations. You are comparing one denomination( Catholicism ) against many( Protestantism). Now if you could get a definitive answer from a particular denominations such as the Presbyterian Church in America if they deemed it was something important enough to rule on. Will Rome tell you what is the definitive understand of the predestination passages?Is there a definitive Protestant body that I can get the answer?
Is there a play you can go to find out who is right on predestination in Catholicism?Is there a place I can go to find out who is right?
There can only be one truth in reference to predestination, right?There can only be one truth, right?
When you figure out how to get the answer on those predestination passages you may be there.And before you say something like, I should believe or go to the Bible, Jesus or ECF, I do, that’s why I’m Catholic. Those scholars have the same resources as you, but have different conclusions. Why? I just want to know who is right. Thanks.
No, you are reading my heart when you call me prideful. Whenever I detect a spirit of humility coming from most of the Catholic stuff on this board you may see more of it coming from me. But we wait in vain for you to critique those of your own household. (Edited by Moderator)(Edited by Moderator)
Does he say anything about judging justly(Edited by Moderator).**The first step toward freedom from anger is to keep the lips silent when the heart is stirred; the next, to keep thoughts silent when the soul is upset; the last, to be totally calm when unclean winds are blowing. **
St. John Climacus (The Ladder of Divine Ascent: Step 8)
It is never particularly convincing when someone attempts to justify there own lack of charity by accusing others.No, you are reading my heart when you call me prideful. Whenever I detect a spirit of humility coming from most of the Catholic stuff on this board you may see more of it coming from me. But we wait in vain for you to critique those of your own household. Instead you chide the few Protestants here who take abuse everyday from a bunch of arrogant amateur wannabe catholic apologists…
You see–there is that underlying anger again.Does he say anything about judging justly, because it seems like you need a dose of that medicine.
Wow! You didn’t answer one of my questions. What’s the deal with asking me about predistination? I’m sorry, I don’t get it. The point of my questions was to show that if I were Protestant how lost I’d feel. Never knowing the truth. Are you saying I should look into what the Church teaches about predistination?How do you decide who to believe on predestination? The Molinist or the Thomist or some other group in Catholicism? If you answer that question I’m sure you would go about it the same way in reference to the question you asked me.
Also you don’t know what I believe. For all you know I could be in agreement with them. Maybe the better question is do you believe them or the fathers I quoted?
Not one body for all Protestants, because they are different denominations. You are comparing one denomination( Catholicism ) against many( Protestantism). Now if you could get a definitive answer from a particular denominations such as the Presbyterian Church in America if they deemed it was something important enough to rule on. Will Rome tell you what is the definitive understand of the predestination passages?
Is there a play you can go to find out who is right on predestination in Catholicism?
There can only be one truth in reference to predestination, right?
When you figure out how to get the answer on those predestination passages you may be there.
Now, I respond as I did to demonstrate the self-refuting arguments you are trying to use. Think about that.
**Do not condemn, even if you see with your eyes, for they are often deceived. **Does he say anything about judging justly