R
runandsew
Guest
Well, yes there is spiritual unity, but there is spiritual unity between Catholics and Protestants also, if you consider that we both believe in the Trinity, that Jesus died for our sins, in the virgin birth, that we are saved by Gods grace alone. I have participated in bible studies with Protestants and have found a great many of insights they have on scripture, but does that there be more unity that Catholics or Protestants understand or can admit. I would say the answer is yes and no.There are serious divisions among Protestants. On the other hand, there is more unity among Protestants than Catholics understand or can admit. I can say that having been a member or having attended a number of Protestant Churches (and, yes, I use “Churches” notwithstanding Dominus Iesus) and having participated in bible studies with Protestants of various faiths.
I feel that this thread is trying to explain the “invisible” Church, which is fine, but Jesus established a visible Church with structure and leadership.
You can trace this Church from when Jesus established it to this very day. And when they say the invisible Church is not with invention. You have to keep in mind that Sola Scriptura was never taught in the Church until the 1500’s, so either it was hidden from the Church for so very long, or it was an invention.
The Catholic has put down the heresies through out the ages, one can look at the many councils of the Church to show this. When some Protestants say that the Catholic Church “invented” something, that is just plain wrong, they were not inventing something, they were putting down a heresy.
They did not invent the Trinity, or the real presence in the Eucharist, or the canon of scripture at Trent, they were responding to heresies. It is as plain as the nose on your face, if you are willing to accept it.