Protestantism

  • Thread starter Thread starter AeonJ
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AeonJ

Guest
If I was a non-Mormon Christian, why should I be apart of an unofficial Protestant detachment of the *Catholic/Orthodox *church when I could have the genuine original Catholic/Orthodox church?

*Is it acceptable to group Catholism and Orthodoxy together since they are united??
 
I don’t get your post…?
Are you supporting Catholicism? Then good on ya.
Why wouldn’t you join the original Church started by Jesus himself instead of some off shoot started by a common man.
 
If I was a non-Mormon Christian, why should I be apart of an unofficial Protestant detachment of the *Catholic/Orthodox *church when I could have the genuine original Catholic/Orthodox church?
I’ll try to answer although I’m not exactly sure what you mean.

If you are saying why should you be a protestant when you can have the fullnesss of the Catholic Church, that’s a good question indeed; There really is no reason to choose protestantism over Catholicism.
*Is it acceptable to group Catholism and Orthodoxy together since they are united??
Catholicism and the Orthodox are virtually identical theologically. The Orthodox are in schism with the Catholic Church; They are not in communion with Rome. Other than that and cosmetic differences in liturgies, they are almost identical.

Hope that helps.
 
If I was a non-Mormon Christian, why should I be apart of an unofficial Protestant detachment of the *Catholic/Orthodox *church when I could have the genuine original Catholic/Orthodox church?
For today’s’ Protestant it would be as simple as following what you have been taught. If you’ve been taught that Catholicism teaches heresy you would believe it true unless you find differently. You would be inclined to find research which reinforced your preconceived notions. Very similar to “most” Catholics. There are many here at this site that are unusual, both Catholic and Protestants, they seek more understanding. You won’t find the “average” of either camp here, you’ll find people seeking truth, or people here to just argue their case. Since you’re one of the few you should do some independent research on the real causes of the reformation. It’s not a simple answer. First you need to research the Church and society of the 16th and 17th centuries. You need an understanding of the German mindset and of the nationalistic nature of the reformers. You need to understand the problems of the European society and the problems within the Catholic Church.
*Is it acceptable to group Catholism and Orthodoxy together since they are united??
In the broadest sense of the Catholic Church, the body of Jesus Christ on earth, every human on earth, Christian or not is a member. Not every human practices or even knows the teachings of the Catholic Church but it is every human’s birthright. So, yes you could group any human to the Church. Jesus came to unite His family which was divided by the introduction of sin into this world. We are all brothers and sisters in Him. That’s the reason He came, that’s the reason He died. We may deny membership in His family, as many do, but it doesn’t change the fact that we are all one family with Him. The Catholic Church, the one headquartered in Vatican City, contains the fullness of the faith. Separating yourself from this fullness could be caused by many reasons, pride, jealousy, fear, or ignorance.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top