Protestants who use Eastern Orthodox theology against Latin Catholics

• Thread starter Thread starter dennisknapp
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I have explained the nature of Christ on many other threads. I think this one here best explains our position.

forums.catholic-questions.org/showthread.php?t=36891&page=1

In a sentence or two, we believe in one combined nature–Christ is perfect in his humanity and perfect in his divinity.

Take a look at the thread, you might have to scroll a little, but I explained our beliefs on there.

Also, this site here is a more general description of my church.
coptic.net/EncyclopediaCoptica/

God Bless,
Elizabeth

40.png
prodromos:
Protestants may also quote early church fathers to support their arguments against Catholic doctrine, but they only pick the bits that support what they want to push and ignore those parts which do not suit them (such as the Eucharist being truly Christ’s body and blood).

John
If that’s the case, then how come many Protestants (while remaining Protestants) come to believe in the Real Presence precisely on the basis of a study of the early Church? Why are various Protestant denominations rediscovering the importance of the sacraments? Why is a Methodist theologian (Thomas Oden) overseeing the publication of a massive series of Biblical commentaries made up of quotations from the Fathers?

Can’t we all just give up the silly straw-man arguments?

In Christ,

Edwin

I agree. I can’t wait until you all come home to Rome.

smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_41.gif
40.png
Contarini:
If that’s the case, then how come many Protestants (while remaining Protestants) come to believe in the Real Presence precisely on the basis of a study of the early Church? Why are various Protestant denominations rediscovering the importance of the sacraments? Why is a Methodist theologian (Thomas Oden) overseeing the publication of a massive series of Biblical commentaries made up of quotations from the Fathers?

Can’t we all just give up the silly straw-man arguments?

In Christ,

Edwin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back