Protesters Condemn Radical NJ Abortion Bill Backed by Gov. Phil Murphy

• Thread starter Thread starter Cathoholic
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cathoholic

Protesters Condemn Radical NJ Abortion Bill Backed by Gov. Phil Murphy​

(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

AP Photo/Seth Wenig, File

Dr. Susan Berry

4 Dec 2020

Pro-life leaders protested a radical abortion bill introduced in the New Jersey legislature that would allow abortion for any reason throughout all nine months of pregnancy, repeal all existing restrictions on abortion, and force taxpayers to fully fund the procedure.

A coalition of pro-life groups held “Day of Outrage” protests this week at the offices of New Jersey lawmakers who are sponsoring the legislation.

“The Reproductive Freedom Act is a human trafficker’s best friend,” Rev. Greg Quinlan, for Garden State Families, said in a statement.

“The Reproductive Freedom Act will allow anyone, of any age, regardless of their residency, to receive an abortion at the expense of New Jersey taxpayers,” he added. “New Jersey taxpayers will be paying for abortions for women victimized by human traffickers.”

According to the bill summary, the legislation (S3030/A4848) “specifies that a fertilized egg, embryo, or fetus may not be understood to have independent rights under any of the laws of this State.”

Gov. Phil Murphy (D) is backing the legislation. When the bill was introduced in October, Murphy said in a statement:
As access to health care and the right to choose are under attack at the federal level, we will support, defend, and protect reproductive rights here in New Jersey. The Reproductive Freedom Act will remove barriers to reproductive health, as well as expand access to contraception while reaffirming choice. . . .

I think the key here is “at the expense of NJ taxpayers.”

It’s always been legal through nine months of pregnancy, I’m pretty sure that’s not new or different.

(Even if I approved of legalized abortion, if I were a NJ taxpayer, I’d be like “whoa, no way”)

You usually state opposition to people bathing for protests with COVID-19 spreading. This is different.

This is different.
I’m glad you recognize protesting against premeditated murder of innocent people is “different”
than supporting and/or participating in trashing other peoples homes, businesses and property sometimes eve setting other innocent people’s places on fire.

Good work ThinkingSapien!

Last edited:
I’m glad you recognize protesting against premeditated murde
Some of the people that have been protesting over the summer also been doing to protest against what they see as murder. But it looks like there may be a perspective from which you can all understand each other; that when they see an issue that they believe to be a matter a right to life, that it may override their willingness to conform to other rules.

Some of the people that have been protesting over the summer also been doing to protest against what they see as murder.
No they are not. This has stopped being about George Floyd etc. a long time ago.

But I am glad you think they can do whatever if “they think the ends justify the means”.

Now it is time for you to get on board with everybody else having those same rights.
Not the “rights” to loot and pillage (as is the case with many of the people here you seem to be defending).
But the right to be outside and about without artificial “scientific” mandates.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back