Proving the Bible is Authentic and Jesus is God

  • Thread starter Thread starter WimpyPete
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

WimpyPete

Guest
Hello everyone,

I hope I am not repeating a question that has already been answered on here a bunch of times, if I am maybe you could just point me to other helpful posts. But here is what I was hoping to find some help on. I have a friend who does believe in God and believes in a personal God but is not sure how he can trust revelation or which revelation or religion is true. I’m just looking for some advice or help in seeking out what is the best direction to try to lead him in? Has anyone found a good method or approach of demonstrating the authenticity of the Bible to skeptics? I’m just looking for your thoughts on the subject especially if anyone has had similar experiences with other people. How do you deal with things like “well we don’t know all the authors for the Bible, or we don’t have the original manuscripts, or they were all written many years after Jesus Death?”
Thanks for any help you can give me and say a prayer for my friend to find the faith, God Bless,

Peter
 
Hey,

It’s not perfect, but a fairly convincing book is “The Case for Christ” by Strobel. Don’t jeave him with just that, but it’s a possible starting place.

Gotta run, but if I can, I’ll check back in with more suggestions.
 
Hello everyone,

I hope I am not repeating a question that has already been answered on here a bunch of times, if I am maybe you could just point me to other helpful posts. But here is what I was hoping to find some help on. I have a friend who does believe in God and believes in a personal God but is not sure how he can trust revelation or which revelation or religion is true. I’m just looking for some advice or help in seeking out what is the best direction to try to lead him in? Has anyone found a good method or approach of demonstrating the authenticity of the Bible to skeptics? I’m just looking for your thoughts on the subject especially if anyone has had similar experiences with other people. How do you deal with things like “well we don’t know all the authors for the Bible, or we don’t have the original manuscripts, or they were all written many years after Jesus Death?”
Thanks for any help you can give me and say a prayer for my friend to find the faith, God Bless,

Peter
I think asking him the basis of his belief would be helpful. Has he learned/developed this belief from others (Scripture/tradition) or is it “self-taught” (natural law?)?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top